Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

First night (first night spling)

Posted by Pat M on 5/30/00 at 23:22 (021094)

Hello everybody,
Here I sit. It's after eleven. I am putting off going to bed. This is my first night with splint. Wish me luck. I know what they make Sleepinol for, though.
Good night and sweet dreams.
Pat

Re: First night (first night spling)

(OOPS!) First Night SplinT eom. on 5/30/00 at 23:23 (021095)

eom

Nancy S. on 5/31/00 at 07:38 (021098)

Hi Pat, how did it go?? What kind of splint do you have? Did you have sweet dreams, and not find the splint on the floor this morning? I've never had much trouble sleeping in mine, and I'm a very light sleeper. The splint doesn't wake me up, other things do, such as the cats wanting affection from an unconscious person, husband snoring, a neighbor tooting his car horn goodbye at ungodly hours, wondering if there are new posts on the message board, the thought of sugar-free jello getting hard in the refrigerator, something someone said the day before that I wish I'd answered differently from how I did, whipoorwills (sp) singing, baby crows screaming for food at first light, the clock ticking too loudly, a big moon shining too brightly in my face, my nightshirt twisted too tightly around my body -- and I could go on, but I guess I'll spare you any more at this time! --Nancy

ChrisO on 5/31/00 at 09:54 (021104)

Nancy Nancy Nancy - you're in my brain again! Lord knows there's plenty of room in there! But you forgot the one about the hubby snagging all the bedcovers.........

Re: First night (first night splint)

Pat M on 5/31/00 at 10:20 (021107)

I slept just fine. I am a light sleeper, too, but last night wasn't so bad. If I could only get my daughter to stay in her bed all night, I might just make it through a whole nights sleep even with a splint. My ankle was a little sore this morning, but I think that it helped some. The splint is 'Nice Stretch'. I know nothing about any of them, but this is the one he sent me home with. Doc seems to think it should work. Who knows?
My sisters and I are getting ready for a garage sale and I am also trying to get ready for a week at the lake so I'm on the go quite a bit, but looking forward to the time off my feet starting next week.
Thanks for asking,
Pat

Re: "Nice Stretch" nite splint

Helene M on 5/31/00 at 13:50 (021113)

I also have the 'Nice Stretch'. However, I find it too hot because it completely encloses my foot in that heavy foam. My foot needs to breathe. So I tend not to wear it.

Nancy S. on 5/31/00 at 14:19 (021114)

You're right, Chris, I did forget about blanket hogs in the form of husbands (or whatever), and here's another particular faux pas on his part that wakes me up:
He likes especially to hog the top sheet, for some odd reason, and I wake up in the night with the bedsheet corner wrapped around my neck. This is not good. Thank god for Nick at Nite. My husband claims it's not his fault but suggests that we need round sheets to alleviate the problem. Do you know where we can get any. --Nancy

(OOPS!) First Night SplinT eom. on 5/30/00 at 23:23 (021095)

eom

Nancy S. on 5/31/00 at 07:38 (021098)

Hi Pat, how did it go?? What kind of splint do you have? Did you have sweet dreams, and not find the splint on the floor this morning? I've never had much trouble sleeping in mine, and I'm a very light sleeper. The splint doesn't wake me up, other things do, such as the cats wanting affection from an unconscious person, husband snoring, a neighbor tooting his car horn goodbye at ungodly hours, wondering if there are new posts on the message board, the thought of sugar-free jello getting hard in the refrigerator, something someone said the day before that I wish I'd answered differently from how I did, whipoorwills (sp) singing, baby crows screaming for food at first light, the clock ticking too loudly, a big moon shining too brightly in my face, my nightshirt twisted too tightly around my body -- and I could go on, but I guess I'll spare you any more at this time! --Nancy

ChrisO on 5/31/00 at 09:54 (021104)

Nancy Nancy Nancy - you're in my brain again! Lord knows there's plenty of room in there! But you forgot the one about the hubby snagging all the bedcovers.........

Re: First night (first night splint)

Pat M on 5/31/00 at 10:20 (021107)

I slept just fine. I am a light sleeper, too, but last night wasn't so bad. If I could only get my daughter to stay in her bed all night, I might just make it through a whole nights sleep even with a splint. My ankle was a little sore this morning, but I think that it helped some. The splint is 'Nice Stretch'. I know nothing about any of them, but this is the one he sent me home with. Doc seems to think it should work. Who knows?
My sisters and I are getting ready for a garage sale and I am also trying to get ready for a week at the lake so I'm on the go quite a bit, but looking forward to the time off my feet starting next week.
Thanks for asking,
Pat

Re: "Nice Stretch" nite splint

Helene M on 5/31/00 at 13:50 (021113)

I also have the 'Nice Stretch'. However, I find it too hot because it completely encloses my foot in that heavy foam. My foot needs to breathe. So I tend not to wear it.

Nancy S. on 5/31/00 at 14:19 (021114)

You're right, Chris, I did forget about blanket hogs in the form of husbands (or whatever), and here's another particular faux pas on his part that wakes me up:
He likes especially to hog the top sheet, for some odd reason, and I wake up in the night with the bedsheet corner wrapped around my neck. This is not good. Thank god for Nick at Nite. My husband claims it's not his fault but suggests that we need round sheets to alleviate the problem. Do you know where we can get any. --Nancy