Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orbasone Patients Survey

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 6/01/00 at 12:09 (021165)

Dear PF Family: Here are the questions we will be asking out patients that have had the Orbasone treatment to answer. Let me know what you think.
1. On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being the worse) how much pain did you have before the treatemnt?
2. Was the Orbasone treatment itself a.painful, b. uncomfortable, c.annoying or d.painless?
3. When did you have the Orbasone treatment?
4. How much relief did you experience (on a scale of 1 to 10)
5. would you refer a family member or friend to have the Orbasone treatment?

Re: Orbasone Patients Survey

Pauline on 6/01/00 at 13:18 (021172)

Besides my recommendations listed on the other page. What about
asking:

Would you help us tell other Plantar Fasciitis sufferers about the progress you have made because of your Orbasone Treatment by posting your experience on our heelspurs web page? (then give the site)

VickiJ on 6/01/00 at 17:34 (021185)

If you got relief, how long did it take following treatment before you were pain free, or significantly pain free?

If you got relief and are pain free, have you remained pain free and/or how long have you been pain free?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/01/00 at 17:54 (021186)

This very small group of patients were either significantly pain free or pain free within one week from the orbsone treatment. Glenn went from 70% to 95% improvement over one month. The reason is that he had tight Achilles tendon before the orbasone treatment . Betty one week
Steve same thing one month after Achilles Tendon stretching with the personal trainers. It is important to identify the other muscle or extremity problems before the treatment and work on it. . I am surprised that no one stated that the orbasone treatment was pain-less. I remember the profound anesthesia that I used. I believe that since this time I have added another area to block with the local anesthesia, but I do remember that the patients didn't tell me they were in pain at the time. You can't remove the feeling of pressure with a local anesthetic block. I am giving patients the option of sedation for this procedure at this time. Most don't want the sedation.

john h on 6/02/00 at 19:45 (021212)

dr z:: i would add ' if you have had improvement how long after treatment did you first show signs of improvement?'

john h on 6/02/00 at 19:48 (021213)

dr z: of the patients you have treated who have had PF for a year or more what percentage would you estimate have showed at least a 75% improvement.?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/02/00 at 20:24 (021216)

This I will have to look into the charts, for the duration of original pain . I would guess that all had pain for at least six months. I would guess at this point that 80% had 75% improvement. This is only a guess but i will work on this.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/02/00 at 20:35 (021217)

This one is easy . Either you get the improvement within a week or you don't get any improvment period. Here is another case that came up today. I was checking a patient post-two week orbasone. There was no pain at the heel but severe pain on palpation at the insertion of the peroneal brevis tendon. I have seen this post heel spur surgery but never post-op orbasone treatment. Now did the pain show up or was it there before the orbasone treatment. I believe I can get rid of this pain with treatment but I was surprise to see it there. Will keep you informed . Usually this is from walking on the outside of the foot. With heel spur surgery it can be from cutting the pf and the foot weight shifting to the outside of the foot. The evaluation at today visitshowed that the pf medial band was intact and functioning well, so it's not from a rupture from the pf medial band. My guess is that the tendonitis was there before the treatment and become more painful to the patient because there was now no heel pain. This patient was in severe pain before the orbasone treatment and couldn't walk.

Pauline on 6/01/00 at 13:18 (021172)

Besides my recommendations listed on the other page. What about
asking:

Would you help us tell other Plantar Fasciitis sufferers about the progress you have made because of your Orbasone Treatment by posting your experience on our heelspurs web page? (then give the site)

VickiJ on 6/01/00 at 17:34 (021185)

If you got relief, how long did it take following treatment before you were pain free, or significantly pain free?

If you got relief and are pain free, have you remained pain free and/or how long have you been pain free?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/01/00 at 17:54 (021186)

This very small group of patients were either significantly pain free or pain free within one week from the orbsone treatment. Glenn went from 70% to 95% improvement over one month. The reason is that he had tight Achilles tendon before the orbasone treatment . Betty one week
Steve same thing one month after Achilles Tendon stretching with the personal trainers. It is important to identify the other muscle or extremity problems before the treatment and work on it. . I am surprised that no one stated that the orbasone treatment was pain-less. I remember the profound anesthesia that I used. I believe that since this time I have added another area to block with the local anesthesia, but I do remember that the patients didn't tell me they were in pain at the time. You can't remove the feeling of pressure with a local anesthetic block. I am giving patients the option of sedation for this procedure at this time. Most don't want the sedation.

john h on 6/02/00 at 19:45 (021212)

dr z:: i would add ' if you have had improvement how long after treatment did you first show signs of improvement?'

john h on 6/02/00 at 19:48 (021213)

dr z: of the patients you have treated who have had PF for a year or more what percentage would you estimate have showed at least a 75% improvement.?

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/02/00 at 20:24 (021216)

This I will have to look into the charts, for the duration of original pain . I would guess that all had pain for at least six months. I would guess at this point that 80% had 75% improvement. This is only a guess but i will work on this.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/02/00 at 20:35 (021217)

This one is easy . Either you get the improvement within a week or you don't get any improvment period. Here is another case that came up today. I was checking a patient post-two week orbasone. There was no pain at the heel but severe pain on palpation at the insertion of the peroneal brevis tendon. I have seen this post heel spur surgery but never post-op orbasone treatment. Now did the pain show up or was it there before the orbasone treatment. I believe I can get rid of this pain with treatment but I was surprise to see it there. Will keep you informed . Usually this is from walking on the outside of the foot. With heel spur surgery it can be from cutting the pf and the foot weight shifting to the outside of the foot. The evaluation at today visitshowed that the pf medial band was intact and functioning well, so it's not from a rupture from the pf medial band. My guess is that the tendonitis was there before the treatment and become more painful to the patient because there was now no heel pain. This patient was in severe pain before the orbasone treatment and couldn't walk.