Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Well the days are getting more lovely

Posted by cindyp on 6/02/00 at 20:54 (021218)

The orthopedist I saw after saying he cannot or wouldn't help me said he would take my records to the best foot orthopedist surgeon in Louisville. Well after numerous attempts to get in touch with the first guy he said give him to Wednesday. I got in touch with the other guy at home tonight. Surprise Surprise he hasn't seen anything on me. I am just wondering what in god's name I have to do to get some help. Setting here crying I cannot take this anymore.

Re: Well the days are getting more lovely

Kim B. on 6/02/00 at 21:22 (021221)

Cindy,

It appears that doc #1 has dropped the ball. That, or he is an incompetant jackass. Or, your gaurdian angel wanted to keep you away from a certian intersection at a certian time, on a certian day, to avoid a horrible collision that you might have been involved in. This is just an example of how sometimes strange things happen for reasons they are unknown to us.

So, for whatever reason, your visit with the right doctor has been delayed...but not removed. So girl, all you can do is striaghten out this mess, and forge on.

I could tell you how all this diversity is building strong character in you, but then you might want to slap me on the head with a large trout! Take a deep breath, smile for a minute, pamper your feet, mend your sprits, we care, so, let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Regards, Kim B.

ChrisO on 6/02/00 at 21:26 (021223)

Hi Cindy! Well I'm so glad you're crying! Why, you ask? Because I just finished blubbering all over my husband and I'm selfishly glad that I'm not alone! Like you my medical info is nothing but coflicting and I'm as sick of the medical types as you deservedly are!
But I'll bet that the good news is that your new orthopedist will now pay attention as a result of your call - so GOOD FOR YOU! On Monday I'll be asking my GP to refer me on to an Ortho Surgeon too. Don't forget, we are WOMEN - hear us roar! Oops sorry, gotta go dry my husband's shirt.........

Suzi D on 6/03/00 at 11:14 (021244)

Well, it must be something in the air. I just finished crying too. After reading replies to my first message ever on these boards, the support and understanding just got to me. I've had pain for 9 months, and I'm still looking for answers. I yelled out 'Crap' many times today and pounded my fist on the kitchen table. My husband rubbed my feet and waited on me. It's okay to cry. It's a great release and I agree about right times and right places. It's going to happen. You've just been put in a holding pattern for a little bit til the timing is correct. Hang in there! I'm counting on you.

Kim B. on 6/02/00 at 21:22 (021221)

Cindy,

It appears that doc #1 has dropped the ball. That, or he is an incompetant jackass. Or, your gaurdian angel wanted to keep you away from a certian intersection at a certian time, on a certian day, to avoid a horrible collision that you might have been involved in. This is just an example of how sometimes strange things happen for reasons they are unknown to us.

So, for whatever reason, your visit with the right doctor has been delayed...but not removed. So girl, all you can do is striaghten out this mess, and forge on.

I could tell you how all this diversity is building strong character in you, but then you might want to slap me on the head with a large trout! Take a deep breath, smile for a minute, pamper your feet, mend your sprits, we care, so, let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Regards, Kim B.

ChrisO on 6/02/00 at 21:26 (021223)

Hi Cindy! Well I'm so glad you're crying! Why, you ask? Because I just finished blubbering all over my husband and I'm selfishly glad that I'm not alone! Like you my medical info is nothing but coflicting and I'm as sick of the medical types as you deservedly are!
But I'll bet that the good news is that your new orthopedist will now pay attention as a result of your call - so GOOD FOR YOU! On Monday I'll be asking my GP to refer me on to an Ortho Surgeon too. Don't forget, we are WOMEN - hear us roar! Oops sorry, gotta go dry my husband's shirt.........

Suzi D on 6/03/00 at 11:14 (021244)

Well, it must be something in the air. I just finished crying too. After reading replies to my first message ever on these boards, the support and understanding just got to me. I've had pain for 9 months, and I'm still looking for answers. I yelled out 'Crap' many times today and pounded my fist on the kitchen table. My husband rubbed my feet and waited on me. It's okay to cry. It's a great release and I agree about right times and right places. It's going to happen. You've just been put in a holding pattern for a little bit til the timing is correct. Hang in there! I'm counting on you.