Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ignorance is EOM.......

Posted by ChrisO on 6/02/00 at 21:32 (021226)

or is it? I'm about to expose myself as an Internet Message Board Ignoramus (that's an IMBI, in case you're checking...) I've seen the acronym 'EOM' used many times but for the life of me I can't figure out what it means! HELP ME! Keep in mind that I only just figured out 'btw'. Settle down Bob, I know you're LOL way too much right now!

Re: Ignorance is EOM.......

Kim B. on 6/02/00 at 22:12 (021227)

EOM stand for End Of Message, and is used when the subject line carries your whole message. It saves folks, (who know what it means that is), the trouble of opening it.

I used to put 'eom means end of message' in the posting box, I think I'll go back to that pratice - in your honor. :-) BTW, We're not LOL at you. Ok, Bob is, but the rest of us aren't.

Regards, Kim B.

Re: LOL I'm feeling no pain (on drugs) EOM

Bob G. on 6/02/00 at 22:19 (021228)

LOL I'm feeling no pain (on drugs) EOM

Hey, why's everybody picking on me?

ChrisO on 6/02/00 at 22:29 (021229)

because BOB, there's just somethin' about you......

why are you on drugs?

Re: LOL

Bob G. on 6/02/00 at 23:11 (021230)

Just bought a bottle of Glucosamine/Chondroitin so that I can hopefully keep up with you, ChrisO!

Re: Bob

Kim B. on 6/03/00 at 08:15 (021237)

Hi Bob, I pick on you 'cause I figure you can handle it. You seem like the strongest one of the bunch. There, is that better? :-) Kim

Bob G. on 6/03/00 at 14:20 (021245)

Of course, Kim, I knew that! hehehe

I wasn't being defensive, but off-the-wall. My foot and knees are doing much better now. Have a great day! BG

Re: Glucosamine/Chondroitin

Barbara on 6/03/00 at 18:02 (021254)

You may find that these don't work on PF. They are used for cartledge problems (they supposedly grow/replace cartledge on knees, shoulders, etc caused from wear) not tendon problems. I have used them for over 2 years for my knees (chondromaletia patela) and they have worked wonders. I went from not being able to climb stairs without pain to being virtually painfree. They never touched my PF.

Bob G. on 6/03/00 at 18:51 (021257)

Thank you, Barbara. My old knees are flaring up which is forcing me to rest my knees. My feet are ready to go walking or jogging, but they will have to rest also. I mean, is there a way to take my feet for a walk and leave my knees at home??? :)

ChrisO on 6/03/00 at 21:47 (021264)

Hey Bob - my knees plus your feet should equal at least one semi-decent runner.....or walker....or not...

Re: Glucosamine/Chondroitin with Mushrooms

Bob G. on 6/03/00 at 22:05 (021266)

hey, chriso!

okay, my feet will do the walkin' - your knees do the talkin'

bring back a large pizza with everything!!! :P

Re: Ignorance is EOM.......

Kim B. on 6/02/00 at 22:12 (021227)

EOM stand for End Of Message, and is used when the subject line carries your whole message. It saves folks, (who know what it means that is), the trouble of opening it.

I used to put 'eom means end of message' in the posting box, I think I'll go back to that pratice - in your honor. :-) BTW, We're not LOL at you. Ok, Bob is, but the rest of us aren't.

Regards, Kim B.

Bob G. on 6/02/00 at 22:19 (021228)

LOL I'm feeling no pain (on drugs) EOM

Hey, why's everybody picking on me?

ChrisO on 6/02/00 at 22:29 (021229)

because BOB, there's just somethin' about you......

why are you on drugs?

Re: LOL

Bob G. on 6/02/00 at 23:11 (021230)

Just bought a bottle of Glucosamine/Chondroitin so that I can hopefully keep up with you, ChrisO!

Kim B. on 6/03/00 at 08:15 (021237)

Hi Bob, I pick on you 'cause I figure you can handle it. You seem like the strongest one of the bunch. There, is that better? :-) Kim

Bob G. on 6/03/00 at 14:20 (021245)

Of course, Kim, I knew that! hehehe

I wasn't being defensive, but off-the-wall. My foot and knees are doing much better now. Have a great day! BG

Barbara on 6/03/00 at 18:02 (021254)

You may find that these don't work on PF. They are used for cartledge problems (they supposedly grow/replace cartledge on knees, shoulders, etc caused from wear) not tendon problems. I have used them for over 2 years for my knees (chondromaletia patela) and they have worked wonders. I went from not being able to climb stairs without pain to being virtually painfree. They never touched my PF.

Bob G. on 6/03/00 at 18:51 (021257)

Thank you, Barbara. My old knees are flaring up which is forcing me to rest my knees. My feet are ready to go walking or jogging, but they will have to rest also. I mean, is there a way to take my feet for a walk and leave my knees at home??? :)

ChrisO on 6/03/00 at 21:47 (021264)

Hey Bob - my knees plus your feet should equal at least one semi-decent runner.....or walker....or not...

Re: Glucosamine/Chondroitin with Mushrooms

Bob G. on 6/03/00 at 22:05 (021266)

hey, chriso!

okay, my feet will do the walkin' - your knees do the talkin'

bring back a large pizza with everything!!! :P