Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

nobby sandals discovery

Posted by alan k on 6/03/00 at 16:20 (021250)

The nobby shower sandals ideas someone suggested for me has turned some interesting results.

After getting used to standing on their pin-cushion while taking a shower, I have come to like the massage I am getting and have become so comfortable in them that I am seriously considering trading my birks in for them and walking at all times with these things. Only problem is the arch is not as high as in the birks, but rather than assume that is a problem I may start testing them out in the world.

The plastic nobby sandals I have are an imitation of Speedo sandals ($25) which are called 'Laguna' and made to look identical to the Speedo (different racing stripe-- probably doesn't effect the feet) and cost $6.97 at Walmart (probably made only for Walmart).

If someone is looking for shower shoes they might try this $7 option, as it might lead to better things. Someone on the board posted about nobby sandals having a therapeutic effect for them.

Those who are new to the board need supplementary information to interpret this post: 1) you should not go barefoot in the shower or anytime, and 2) I have a history of getting over-excited about new treatment ideas.

hope this helps,

alan k

Re: nobby sandals discovery

Kim B. on 6/03/00 at 17:40 (021253)

ahh haa, good one Alan. Love the supplemetary information. Been there, done that! I too have Laguna shower shoes, bought at KMart. Love 'em. But mine are not nobby. They look like Birks footbed only soft foam. Strappy on top.

Regards, Kim B.

Nancy S. on 6/03/00 at 18:48 (021256)

Alan, you know, you might just be 'excited,' not necessarily overexcited. In any case, any approach with the word 'excite' in it is probably a good thing.
Gee, I really worry about that racing stripe, though.
I hinted last winter that I might try wearing my nobby massage sandals around in real life, and now you're really tempting me. So far I wear them only in the shower and at the swimming pool. All this time I thought the swimming was helping me, but maybe it was the massage sandals. Now I'm getting excited, or is it overexcited.
By the way, mine are Adidas, the full $25. I suppose this means they should work better.
--Nancy

Re: Excitement.....?

ChrisO on 6/03/00 at 21:46 (021263)

Hey you guys - enough with this 'over-excitement' stuff. You're making me want to DO SOMETHING .....like wear my Lagunas to the next garden soire' in town.......although they are getting a little slimy around the edges......

Nancy S. on 6/04/00 at 06:46 (021275)

Uh, Chris, I couldn't tell from your post -- is it your Lagunas or the garden soires in town that are getting slimy around the edges? --Nancy

Kim B. on 6/03/00 at 17:40 (021253)

ahh haa, good one Alan. Love the supplemetary information. Been there, done that! I too have Laguna shower shoes, bought at KMart. Love 'em. But mine are not nobby. They look like Birks footbed only soft foam. Strappy on top.

Regards, Kim B.

Nancy S. on 6/03/00 at 18:48 (021256)

Alan, you know, you might just be 'excited,' not necessarily overexcited. In any case, any approach with the word 'excite' in it is probably a good thing.
Gee, I really worry about that racing stripe, though.
I hinted last winter that I might try wearing my nobby massage sandals around in real life, and now you're really tempting me. So far I wear them only in the shower and at the swimming pool. All this time I thought the swimming was helping me, but maybe it was the massage sandals. Now I'm getting excited, or is it overexcited.
By the way, mine are Adidas, the full $25. I suppose this means they should work better.
--Nancy

ChrisO on 6/03/00 at 21:46 (021263)

Hey you guys - enough with this 'over-excitement' stuff. You're making me want to DO SOMETHING .....like wear my Lagunas to the next garden soire' in town.......although they are getting a little slimy around the edges......

Nancy S. on 6/04/00 at 06:46 (021275)

Uh, Chris, I couldn't tell from your post -- is it your Lagunas or the garden soires in town that are getting slimy around the edges? --Nancy