Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkenstock inserts

Posted by scottak on 6/04/00 at 08:10 (021277)

how are the Birkenstock inserts for standing for 8 hours a day?

Re: Birkenstock inserts

wendyn on 6/04/00 at 10:11 (021283)

If I stood in anything for 8 hours straight my legs would melt from pain. Can't possibly help you with this question.

Re: 1-reply...JEEZE!!!

scottak on 6/05/00 at 16:13 (021356)

????????

Nancy S. on 6/05/00 at 17:01 (021359)

Well, Scottak, do you read the other messages on this board? Because I don't know of anyone posting who can stand in, on, or under anything for eight hours.

If I were forced to TRY standing for eight hours, it would be in my Birkenstocks, not the Birk inserts, which have too high an arch for me. Birkenstocks are my main support -- but after eight hours in them or anything else at this point I'd be on the floor -- prone, that is.

Do you have PF? Doesn't sound like it. --Nancy S.

Kim B. on 6/05/00 at 20:07 (021381)

Scott,

Your question IS a little vague. No one can say what YOUR feet will tolerate for 1 hour much less 8. Different strokes for different folks. You'll have to test drive them to know if they will work for you. I recommend trying them out around the house and if it goes well, hit the streets.

I use Sof-Sole inserts myself. Do a search if you need more info on them. They worked wonders for me when my feet were bad off. Even so, like Nancy said, you'd be hard pressed to find any insert that will give you 8 hours of relief if PF is your culprit, depending on the severity of your situation, that is.

Here is a way to get a lot of information quickly. Use the message board search feature (above) using the keyword 'Birks' or 'Birkenstocks' or 'Inserts'. You'll get tons of info from Birk users.

Regards, Kim B.

Re: Birkenstock inserts

wendyn on 6/04/00 at 10:11 (021283)

If I stood in anything for 8 hours straight my legs would melt from pain. Can't possibly help you with this question.

scottak on 6/05/00 at 16:13 (021356)

????????

Nancy S. on 6/05/00 at 17:01 (021359)

Well, Scottak, do you read the other messages on this board? Because I don't know of anyone posting who can stand in, on, or under anything for eight hours.

If I were forced to TRY standing for eight hours, it would be in my Birkenstocks, not the Birk inserts, which have too high an arch for me. Birkenstocks are my main support -- but after eight hours in them or anything else at this point I'd be on the floor -- prone, that is.

Do you have PF? Doesn't sound like it. --Nancy S.

Kim B. on 6/05/00 at 20:07 (021381)

Scott,

Your question IS a little vague. No one can say what YOUR feet will tolerate for 1 hour much less 8. Different strokes for different folks. You'll have to test drive them to know if they will work for you. I recommend trying them out around the house and if it goes well, hit the streets.

I use Sof-Sole inserts myself. Do a search if you need more info on them. They worked wonders for me when my feet were bad off. Even so, like Nancy said, you'd be hard pressed to find any insert that will give you 8 hours of relief if PF is your culprit, depending on the severity of your situation, that is.

Here is a way to get a lot of information quickly. Use the message board search feature (above) using the keyword 'Birks' or 'Birkenstocks' or 'Inserts'. You'll get tons of info from Birk users.

Regards, Kim B.