Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

massage sandal caution

Posted by alan k on 6/04/00 at 11:25 (021295)

I have noticed on many massage sandal websites, including birkenstock, that they do not recommend the sandals be used all day, but for only periodic use. Also, they should be broken in gradually in 5-15 minute sessions at first, or some say with socks first.

I am going to get a pair of super-nobby birks since the footbed seems to be nearly in the classic shape, possibly the best of both worlds. I hope the arch is high enough. I am going to see how long I can wear them (I'm not prone to set-backs).

Perhaps because my current therapy is almost exclusively massage related I am bit over excited about this, as I have said, but I think many could benefit from these sandals, at least the 7$ Lagunas, perhaps just for a minute or two a day.

alan k

Re: massage sandal caution

john h on 6/05/00 at 11:26 (021338)

i have an expensive pair of Josef Seibel dress shoes that have massage bubble type inserts that came with the shoes.

ChrisO on 6/05/00 at 15:27 (021353)

can I borrow them?

john h on 6/05/00 at 11:26 (021338)

i have an expensive pair of Josef Seibel dress shoes that have massage bubble type inserts that came with the shoes.

ChrisO on 6/05/00 at 15:27 (021353)

can I borrow them?