Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

betula birks

Posted by Sue on 6/04/00 at 19:42 (021312)

Hi all! Found some new sandals today. They are called Betulas and are made by Birkenstock. They look the same as the basic Birks with the two straps across the top. I found them on the Costco website and visited the store today. They were $39.95. Seems to be a great deal!!

Re: betula birks

Angie on 6/04/00 at 20:27 (021319)

Wow-that is a deal on the sandals. Thanks for the information. I just bought the Birks Milano sandals at Marshal Fields. They cost me $95, and are well worth every penny I have spent. I have been wearing them for a little over a week now and it is unbelievable how much better my feet feel! Angie

SandyS on 6/04/00 at 21:14 (021322)

Great price! I bought a pair about a month ago and thought I was getting a deal at $60. It took me a little while to get them broke in but now I can't stand to wear any other shoe. Last weekend I found a pair of Betula sport sandals, they are great for washing the car and working around the house. Thanks for the info, I'm off to check out that website.

Lori E. on 6/04/00 at 22:02 (021324)

I am glad you got yourself some Birks at such a good price. Check out the German Birk website too. (Just be sure you tried on a pair first before you order some.) I got myself some Betula's at Herberger's on sale for $60, and I found them to be painful. Betula's are not like other Birkenstocks. They are definately cuter, but they have a different fit then other Birks. You might want to wear them around the house first to see if they work for you. I had to return mine. I am finding after 10 months of PF that the idea of 'breaking in' shoes doesn't work for me, either they feel good after trying them on for a while or they won't work for me. Also give yourself a good 1/2 hour in the store walking around in them to see if they hurt your feet before you buy them. Some Birks don't have enough arch support for me. You may feel silly walking around for that long but it's worth it. Good luck.

Sally D on 6/06/00 at 08:49 (021423)

Our Costco in Arizona carried these same Birks but for some reason was trying to get rid of them all and marked them down to $15 a pair. Only sizes were 42 and 43. I got three for my husband on 6/1. With Birks, my foot pain has been eliminated.

sue on 6/06/00 at 13:55 (021435)

Boy, I wish i had been at your Costco. I thought $40 was a real bargain but $15??? Wow, I have been wearing mine for three days now and don't really want to put anything else on! They really are so comfortable, aren't they?

Sally D on 6/07/00 at 14:29 (021459)

I had some foot pain last year and found this site before I visited the doctor. With all the comments about Birks, I got myself a pair of Granadas for $90 (plus tax). Shortly after that, my foot pain went away. I am so lucky! I recently ordered two pair from the German site. I've only received one pair but couldn't be happier. It took about three weeks but the price was incredible ($45 for Granada including shipping). I'm glad they're working for you, too, Sue. I live in them!

Angie on 6/04/00 at 20:27 (021319)

Wow-that is a deal on the sandals. Thanks for the information. I just bought the Birks Milano sandals at Marshal Fields. They cost me $95, and are well worth every penny I have spent. I have been wearing them for a little over a week now and it is unbelievable how much better my feet feel! Angie

SandyS on 6/04/00 at 21:14 (021322)

Great price! I bought a pair about a month ago and thought I was getting a deal at $60. It took me a little while to get them broke in but now I can't stand to wear any other shoe. Last weekend I found a pair of Betula sport sandals, they are great for washing the car and working around the house. Thanks for the info, I'm off to check out that website.

Lori E. on 6/04/00 at 22:02 (021324)

I am glad you got yourself some Birks at such a good price. Check out the German Birk website too. (Just be sure you tried on a pair first before you order some.) I got myself some Betula's at Herberger's on sale for $60, and I found them to be painful. Betula's are not like other Birkenstocks. They are definately cuter, but they have a different fit then other Birks. You might want to wear them around the house first to see if they work for you. I had to return mine. I am finding after 10 months of PF that the idea of 'breaking in' shoes doesn't work for me, either they feel good after trying them on for a while or they won't work for me. Also give yourself a good 1/2 hour in the store walking around in them to see if they hurt your feet before you buy them. Some Birks don't have enough arch support for me. You may feel silly walking around for that long but it's worth it. Good luck.

Sally D on 6/06/00 at 08:49 (021423)

Our Costco in Arizona carried these same Birks but for some reason was trying to get rid of them all and marked them down to $15 a pair. Only sizes were 42 and 43. I got three for my husband on 6/1. With Birks, my foot pain has been eliminated.

sue on 6/06/00 at 13:55 (021435)

Boy, I wish i had been at your Costco. I thought $40 was a real bargain but $15??? Wow, I have been wearing mine for three days now and don't really want to put anything else on! They really are so comfortable, aren't they?

Sally D on 6/07/00 at 14:29 (021459)

I had some foot pain last year and found this site before I visited the doctor. With all the comments about Birks, I got myself a pair of Granadas for $90 (plus tax). Shortly after that, my foot pain went away. I am so lucky! I recently ordered two pair from the German site. I've only received one pair but couldn't be happier. It took about three weeks but the price was incredible ($45 for Granada including shipping). I'm glad they're working for you, too, Sue. I live in them!