Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My up date so far just being out of my cast......

Posted by Laurie R on 6/06/00 at 12:10 (021431)

Hi to all,
I have been out of the hard cast now for 5 days and the pain is coming back not as bad as before but it is starting in again.

I am in a walking cast with ace bandages.I am going to start back at PT today and I can't wait to go.I have a wonderful therapist that cares.

See what happened this time is when I got the cast off I had a BIG lump on my fascia (Which is scar tissue) I had this before just not as big.I know once this goes away my foot will feel better.The cast helped so much with my TTS .I feel there is always something to deal with I just get one thing under control and than something else.But at least I know what it is .

I want to go back to work but I know I can't until I get this whole foot thing under control.I have been off for 9 months now.I will never lose hope ,thats what keeps me going,I have learned so much due to having PF and TTS in the last year.

My workmans comp will pay for me to be re trained ,I am really thinking about going into something to do with feet.Just a thought.Also I have all of you to thank for being there when I needed someone to talk to when things get real bad and understood just how I felt.So a BIG THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!for caring and a BIGGIER THANK YOU to Nancy S for being a wonderful and caring person........It means more to me than I could say.I am not leaving I just wanted to share my story with everyone and to thank everyone.........My very best to all and we will all get better someday keep the faith and never let go of your hope.................Laurie R

Re: My up date so far just being out of my cast......

Beverly on 6/06/00 at 13:52 (021433)

Laurie,

My prayers are with you as you go through rehab. I would truly dread being in a hard cast, not being able to take a regular bath for all those weeks. You must be so happy to have it off.

Let us know how you progress.

Best Wishes,
Beverly

Re: the class of 1999

alan k on 6/06/00 at 15:18 (021440)

Hi Laurie,

As a fellow member of the class of 1999 I am very happy to see you are doing well, and are hopefull. I too am much better. I think my pf is in remission and perhaps I should try casting to deal with my tts. That tts is a real tough little bugger. Anyway, we are both doing better and hopeful for the future and that's great.

alan k

Re: the class of 1999Re

Laurie R on 6/06/00 at 17:05 (021443)

To Beverly and Alan,
Yeah Alan I guess we are the class of 1999 thats funny but true,thank you to both of you for your kind words ,this is what I am talking about everyone is so nice and understanding of each other.

I just came back from PT it was so wonderful ,my foot is feeling pretty good right now lets hope it will last for a while ,he took it real easy with me today so we wouldn't aggravate the nerve.I am still feeling hopeful but I have had to many set backs in the past but if I do have other one I will just deal with that when and if it happens.

My best to all.......Laurie R

Nancy S. on 6/06/00 at 18:26 (021444)

That's our tough little Laurie. Thank you for your uplifting post. As you know, I'm class of 1999 too (May). (And I'm very glad you're feeling well these days, Alan.) And I've pretty much learned to take it day by day too. There are bad days, and medium days, and sometimes downright good days. It's not black or white, all or nothing, anymore. And that perspective helps -- a lot. Even my bad days are nothing like they were from May to December 1999. When this has gone on so long, it's hard to keep that perspective sometimes, but it's good to remember the worst and compare it with what could be called 'the worst' now -- and there's no comparison. So progress is happening, even if I can't run to the mailbox, or stand still for more than ten minutes; even if I have to keep on being careful with every move, and rest when in the middle of some activity, usually work, and no longer jump into my van or, worse, god forbid, jump out of it. But I CAN work some hours per day, and I'm never in the 10+ pain I was in for 8 months before finding this site, and when I do have pain I know what to do for it now. So even though everything in life is slower than it was, and I mourned that for a long time, today I too feel grateful for the things I can do, and for the feeling of hope and progress that I have right now. Thanks for reminding us of all these things, Laurie. --Nancy

wendyn on 6/06/00 at 22:07 (021445)

Shoot. If you guys are the class of 1999 I must be one of the class of 1979. Way to make one of your younger members feel REAL old.

I am glad you are doing well Laurie. Take things slow and remember not to overdo it. Not that you really needed reminding.

Lori K on 6/07/00 at 00:48 (021448)

Hi Laurie! Glad to hear your cast is off and you're doing ok. I got mine off 2 days ago-what a great feeling to shave that leg!!! My foot has definitely improved, 6 weeks ago I could barely touch my injured spot without a lot of pain, and now I can press on it with minimal pain. I'm going to PT tomorrow for the first time for ultrasound and iontophoresis; is that what you have done? I don't really know much about it but I guess I'll learn tomorrow. Keep up the faith, I think each day we're all a little bit closer to recovery-this can't last forever, right?!?!?

Re: My up date so far just being out of my cast......Re lori

Laurie R on 6/07/00 at 20:04 (021477)

Hi Lori,
First of all I hope PT goes well for you tomarrow ,and I hope you get a good therapist ,I have a wonderful therapist ,the first one I had I feel did not know to much about PF or TTS I have both. Yes I get ultra sound that will help break up the inflammation and scar tissue,I use to get the ionto but it really did not help me hopefuly they will give you a deep tiisue massage,that is the best part of therapy to me. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it I always do .Laurie R PS I like your name...........

Beverly on 6/06/00 at 13:52 (021433)

Laurie,

My prayers are with you as you go through rehab. I would truly dread being in a hard cast, not being able to take a regular bath for all those weeks. You must be so happy to have it off.

Let us know how you progress.

Best Wishes,
Beverly

Re: the class of 1999

alan k on 6/06/00 at 15:18 (021440)

Hi Laurie,

As a fellow member of the class of 1999 I am very happy to see you are doing well, and are hopefull. I too am much better. I think my pf is in remission and perhaps I should try casting to deal with my tts. That tts is a real tough little bugger. Anyway, we are both doing better and hopeful for the future and that's great.

alan k

Laurie R on 6/06/00 at 17:05 (021443)

To Beverly and Alan,
Yeah Alan I guess we are the class of 1999 thats funny but true,thank you to both of you for your kind words ,this is what I am talking about everyone is so nice and understanding of each other.

I just came back from PT it was so wonderful ,my foot is feeling pretty good right now lets hope it will last for a while ,he took it real easy with me today so we wouldn't aggravate the nerve.I am still feeling hopeful but I have had to many set backs in the past but if I do have other one I will just deal with that when and if it happens.

My best to all.......Laurie R

Nancy S. on 6/06/00 at 18:26 (021444)

That's our tough little Laurie. Thank you for your uplifting post. As you know, I'm class of 1999 too (May). (And I'm very glad you're feeling well these days, Alan.) And I've pretty much learned to take it day by day too. There are bad days, and medium days, and sometimes downright good days. It's not black or white, all or nothing, anymore. And that perspective helps -- a lot. Even my bad days are nothing like they were from May to December 1999. When this has gone on so long, it's hard to keep that perspective sometimes, but it's good to remember the worst and compare it with what could be called 'the worst' now -- and there's no comparison. So progress is happening, even if I can't run to the mailbox, or stand still for more than ten minutes; even if I have to keep on being careful with every move, and rest when in the middle of some activity, usually work, and no longer jump into my van or, worse, god forbid, jump out of it. But I CAN work some hours per day, and I'm never in the 10+ pain I was in for 8 months before finding this site, and when I do have pain I know what to do for it now. So even though everything in life is slower than it was, and I mourned that for a long time, today I too feel grateful for the things I can do, and for the feeling of hope and progress that I have right now. Thanks for reminding us of all these things, Laurie. --Nancy

wendyn on 6/06/00 at 22:07 (021445)

Shoot. If you guys are the class of 1999 I must be one of the class of 1979. Way to make one of your younger members feel REAL old.

I am glad you are doing well Laurie. Take things slow and remember not to overdo it. Not that you really needed reminding.

Lori K on 6/07/00 at 00:48 (021448)

Hi Laurie! Glad to hear your cast is off and you're doing ok. I got mine off 2 days ago-what a great feeling to shave that leg!!! My foot has definitely improved, 6 weeks ago I could barely touch my injured spot without a lot of pain, and now I can press on it with minimal pain. I'm going to PT tomorrow for the first time for ultrasound and iontophoresis; is that what you have done? I don't really know much about it but I guess I'll learn tomorrow. Keep up the faith, I think each day we're all a little bit closer to recovery-this can't last forever, right?!?!?

Re: My up date so far just being out of my cast......Re lori

Laurie R on 6/07/00 at 20:04 (021477)

Hi Lori,
First of all I hope PT goes well for you tomarrow ,and I hope you get a good therapist ,I have a wonderful therapist ,the first one I had I feel did not know to much about PF or TTS I have both. Yes I get ultra sound that will help break up the inflammation and scar tissue,I use to get the ionto but it really did not help me hopefuly they will give you a deep tiisue massage,that is the best part of therapy to me. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it I always do .Laurie R PS I like your name...........