Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF Class of '99 Valedictorian Vote

Posted by Bob Gayle on 6/07/00 at 00:48 (021447)

Who would you vote for? The scholarly, the hopeful, the most supportive?

1) Scott R.

2) Alan K.

3) Nancy S.

4) Write in

Please select your response to the above survey question:
Results
.option 1 = 2 votes . . . voters: home.com, webtv.net,
.option 2 = 1 votes . . . voters: webtv.net,
.option 3 = 3 votes . . . voters: snfca060-0599.splitrock.net, msstate.edu, fix.net,
.option 4 = 3 votes . . . voters: navipath.net, snfca060-0321.splitrock.net, webtv.net,

Re: PF Class of '99 Valedictorian Vote

Pauline on 6/07/00 at 08:28 (021452)

I really don't know enough about the candidates to make an educated vote. I think more information about their contributions to finding a cure for PF and their dedication to eradicating it from the world would help us to decide between the candidates. We need to hear
more.

Nancy S. on 6/07/00 at 08:58 (021453)

Golly gee, Bob, I have absolutely the worst case of stage fright in the entire world! And so I must withdraw, but thanks for thinking of me. Here's to Graduation Day --Nancy

Sue on 6/07/00 at 10:28 (021454)

I may be a newbie to this board but here is the criteria I think we should take into consideration!

1: Who can get the cheapest discount on birks.
2: Who can kick their pod the farthest when they deserve it.
3: Who can design an orthotic that feels comfortable from day one.
4: Who makes the best margarita.

:)

Re: PF Class of '99 Valedictorian Votere Bob

Laurie R on 6/07/00 at 11:25 (021456)

Hi Bob,
I like this because there have been so many people that really took the time to help me here,but you forgot some really important names ,,Wendyn I know there are more but Wendyn name was the first name that poped into my head she should be in the top 4 ...What do you guys think????? Nancy you are to funny it is to late to take your name out because people already voted for you my PF Friend........Laurie R

Re: To laurie

wendyn on 6/07/00 at 13:56 (021457)

Merci to you Laurie, but I must also respectfully withdraw. I am of the class of 1979, and also full of stage fright. Thanks for the thought though. You can make me validictorian of 79. I doubt I have much competition on that one.

Laurie - what are your pods plans for you now other than the physio? Any word on what he thinks should happen next or will he wait and see how you do?

Laurie R on 6/07/00 at 16:14 (021467)

Hi Wendy,
Ok now you have also made me laugh just like my friend Nancy S,I don't think you both realize how much you both have helped alot of people on this board.You both have been so patient with all of our questions even if we have ask the same thing over and over again.Well it is not a contest anyways so neither of you need to back out ,just keep on being you. I think we all get to the point and start thinking wow these people on the board have really been there for me,I know I think that way I don't even know where I would be today if I hadn't found this board. Also a big thank you to Scott for all his time.

Sorry Wendy I will answer your question now, My Pod takes one day at a time so I am happy for that ,right now the plan is to make sure I don't re injure my fascia and take it very easy,He pretty much just wants to wait and see how I do because I was in the cast for so long. So as of now I am back wearing my walking cast with 2 ace bandages and PT 2 times a week and ice. I go back to see my Pod 3 weeks from when I saw him last.But if I get back in that bad pain again like I was in before (remenber I was going to do my own surgery) than I can go back and he will re cast my foot.The cast has been the only thing that helped get the pain down.

I will tell ya it is so nice to get in the car and drive my kids to school I told my husband I feel like I just got out of jail. I have a stick so it is kind of hard on my foot to drive so I only drive the kids to school.

Thanks Wendy for asking about how I am doing.....

How are you doing?? How is your TTS ? I hope your pain is still down.
My TTS is so much better it is still there but the cast helped alot with that also.

So I hope no more casts but if I have to than I will to bring down the pain.

Today I have more of a soreness with pain but not real bad .I still have a big lump of scar tissue on my fascia but I think in time with the help of my therapist it will go away.

Ok my very best to all my PF friends ....Laurie R

Re: Hospital is sued by 7 foot doctors

Bob G. on 6/08/00 at 00:08 (021491)

Well, I am getting swamped with so many write-ins that I will just have to become the tie-breaker. Nancy has backed out, so I will have to decide from the remaining contestants. I will let you know when I am ready. BG

Nancy S. on 6/08/00 at 05:54 (021496)

Hey Bob, it occurred to me that you sound like about the least shy person on this board. How about you give the valedictorian speech? I will make you a special hat to wear. --Nancy

wendyn on 6/08/00 at 08:39 (021501)

Hi Laurie.

I would have to say that about 85% of the symptoms I attributed to TTS are now gone. I don't have any nerve pain up the back of my legs, and I can touch anywhere along the tibial nerve without pain. With the exception of one very localized spot right where they whack to see if you have Tinnel's. I think that spot will always hurt. That's why I still can't wear sneakers (we Canadians call them runners).

I still have foot pain though, if I stand long it gets worse. Friday through Monday were sore but it's better now. Remember there is a lot more wrong with my feet than only TTS - so it's not surprising that I still have aches and pains. My lower legs and Post tib tendon area still get very sore if stand for too long. Thinks like shopping are still really difficult and I suspect it may stay that way. My husband is happy about that though - cuts down on those VISA bills.

I've just recently started recumbent biking at the gym. I am taking things VERY slow though. I'm only up to 7 minutes at a moderate/slow pace. I don't have any pain when biking or after - but I know if I blow it I could be back to where I was a year ago. When I get off the bike my quads feel immense - none of the muscles in my legs are used to much activity any more so I guess it's going to take a while to get them back in shape.

I'm still taking B12, going for the ocassional acupuncture and doing lots of yoga and stretching - and wearing the Birks. Hoping for the best....

(for you too!)

Wendyn :)

Pauline on 6/07/00 at 08:28 (021452)

I really don't know enough about the candidates to make an educated vote. I think more information about their contributions to finding a cure for PF and their dedication to eradicating it from the world would help us to decide between the candidates. We need to hear
more.

Nancy S. on 6/07/00 at 08:58 (021453)

Golly gee, Bob, I have absolutely the worst case of stage fright in the entire world! And so I must withdraw, but thanks for thinking of me. Here's to Graduation Day --Nancy

Sue on 6/07/00 at 10:28 (021454)

I may be a newbie to this board but here is the criteria I think we should take into consideration!

1: Who can get the cheapest discount on birks.
2: Who can kick their pod the farthest when they deserve it.
3: Who can design an orthotic that feels comfortable from day one.
4: Who makes the best margarita.

:)

Re: PF Class of '99 Valedictorian Votere Bob

Laurie R on 6/07/00 at 11:25 (021456)

Hi Bob,
I like this because there have been so many people that really took the time to help me here,but you forgot some really important names ,,Wendyn I know there are more but Wendyn name was the first name that poped into my head she should be in the top 4 ...What do you guys think????? Nancy you are to funny it is to late to take your name out because people already voted for you my PF Friend........Laurie R

wendyn on 6/07/00 at 13:56 (021457)

Merci to you Laurie, but I must also respectfully withdraw. I am of the class of 1979, and also full of stage fright. Thanks for the thought though. You can make me validictorian of 79. I doubt I have much competition on that one.

Laurie - what are your pods plans for you now other than the physio? Any word on what he thinks should happen next or will he wait and see how you do?

Laurie R on 6/07/00 at 16:14 (021467)

Hi Wendy,
Ok now you have also made me laugh just like my friend Nancy S,I don't think you both realize how much you both have helped alot of people on this board.You both have been so patient with all of our questions even if we have ask the same thing over and over again.Well it is not a contest anyways so neither of you need to back out ,just keep on being you. I think we all get to the point and start thinking wow these people on the board have really been there for me,I know I think that way I don't even know where I would be today if I hadn't found this board. Also a big thank you to Scott for all his time.

Sorry Wendy I will answer your question now, My Pod takes one day at a time so I am happy for that ,right now the plan is to make sure I don't re injure my fascia and take it very easy,He pretty much just wants to wait and see how I do because I was in the cast for so long. So as of now I am back wearing my walking cast with 2 ace bandages and PT 2 times a week and ice. I go back to see my Pod 3 weeks from when I saw him last.But if I get back in that bad pain again like I was in before (remenber I was going to do my own surgery) than I can go back and he will re cast my foot.The cast has been the only thing that helped get the pain down.

I will tell ya it is so nice to get in the car and drive my kids to school I told my husband I feel like I just got out of jail. I have a stick so it is kind of hard on my foot to drive so I only drive the kids to school.

Thanks Wendy for asking about how I am doing.....

How are you doing?? How is your TTS ? I hope your pain is still down.
My TTS is so much better it is still there but the cast helped alot with that also.

So I hope no more casts but if I have to than I will to bring down the pain.

Today I have more of a soreness with pain but not real bad .I still have a big lump of scar tissue on my fascia but I think in time with the help of my therapist it will go away.

Ok my very best to all my PF friends ....Laurie R

Bob G. on 6/08/00 at 00:08 (021491)

Well, I am getting swamped with so many write-ins that I will just have to become the tie-breaker. Nancy has backed out, so I will have to decide from the remaining contestants. I will let you know when I am ready. BG

Nancy S. on 6/08/00 at 05:54 (021496)

Hey Bob, it occurred to me that you sound like about the least shy person on this board. How about you give the valedictorian speech? I will make you a special hat to wear. --Nancy

wendyn on 6/08/00 at 08:39 (021501)

Hi Laurie.

I would have to say that about 85% of the symptoms I attributed to TTS are now gone. I don't have any nerve pain up the back of my legs, and I can touch anywhere along the tibial nerve without pain. With the exception of one very localized spot right where they whack to see if you have Tinnel's. I think that spot will always hurt. That's why I still can't wear sneakers (we Canadians call them runners).

I still have foot pain though, if I stand long it gets worse. Friday through Monday were sore but it's better now. Remember there is a lot more wrong with my feet than only TTS - so it's not surprising that I still have aches and pains. My lower legs and Post tib tendon area still get very sore if stand for too long. Thinks like shopping are still really difficult and I suspect it may stay that way. My husband is happy about that though - cuts down on those VISA bills.

I've just recently started recumbent biking at the gym. I am taking things VERY slow though. I'm only up to 7 minutes at a moderate/slow pace. I don't have any pain when biking or after - but I know if I blow it I could be back to where I was a year ago. When I get off the bike my quads feel immense - none of the muscles in my legs are used to much activity any more so I guess it's going to take a while to get them back in shape.

I'm still taking B12, going for the ocassional acupuncture and doing lots of yoga and stretching - and wearing the Birks. Hoping for the best....

(for you too!)

Wendyn :)