Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Great Vacation

Posted by chris B on 6/10/00 at 12:10 (021607)

I can do it! We spent 3and 1/2 days walking all over NY city and I did fine. I traded off between Birks and my tennis shoes, changing about 3 times during the day. I took Vioxx to keep the inflammation down and massaged everytime we went back to the hotel. This trip included 2 mornings going to the Today Show and 3 walks to Central Park. My husband got blisters with his new too small tennis shoes! He couldn't believe that I was doing so well.

Yes there is and probably will be the pain, but the Vioxx really keeps the inflammation down and I know what I need to do to keep everything under control. Of course, my feet still rule my life and my pod feels that I really need to consider surgery. I am hearing better feedback from people, so I will still keep it in consideration. But now I'm getting ready for a 2 week trip to Tennessee this summer and a week in Hong Kong in August. It is our 25th! =)

Re: Switching shoes seems to help me too.

Kim B. on 6/10/00 at 16:54 (021619)

Hi Chris, That is wonderful news! I've found that changing my shoes one or two times a day seems to agree with my feet too. I go back and forth between my Teva sandals and my SAS walking shoes. These are my standards, but, lately I have been able to incorporate some other shoes in to the mix for shorter durations. ThomMcAn Sandals and A comfy pair of Naturalizers. I also am one to change the footbed in my Walking shoes, going back and forth between my Sof Soles and the inserts that came with the walking shoes. Sometimes a change can do you good.

Regards, Kim B.

Re: Switching shoes seems to help me too.

Kim B. on 6/10/00 at 16:54 (021619)

Hi Chris, That is wonderful news! I've found that changing my shoes one or two times a day seems to agree with my feet too. I go back and forth between my Teva sandals and my SAS walking shoes. These are my standards, but, lately I have been able to incorporate some other shoes in to the mix for shorter durations. ThomMcAn Sandals and A comfy pair of Naturalizers. I also am one to change the footbed in my Walking shoes, going back and forth between my Sof Soles and the inserts that came with the walking shoes. Sometimes a change can do you good.

Regards, Kim B.