Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Can you have nerve entrapment but not TTS?

Posted by Beverly on 6/10/00 at 13:11 (021611)

Can you have nerve entrapment but not TTS? Do any of you have that scenario?

I am continuing to have that 'pins and needles' tingling feeling off and on and occassionally a warm feeling. I know I've posted alot about my search for the right pod & these symptoms; so I won't rehash all of that. My new pod expressed some concern about nerve entrapment, but he poked on my foot in key areas, and said I did not respond the way someone with TTS would; so whatever nerve entrapment I may have doesn't seem serious.

This tinging comes and goes. It doesn't last long at any given time... a few seconds or few minutes at a time (except when I was in that boot & it lasted longer.)

It's usually either when I'm walking, standing, or sometimes sitting at my computer. I never or almost never feel it if I have my feet up on the recliner/bed.

Did any of you find that walking cast to make your foot hurt more and tingle/burn more? I'm so glad the new guy took me out of the walking boot, because it made all my symptoms worse. Strange, the first pod said 'tingling/burning' is normal when getting used to the walking boot. The new pod says, 'no way... that is not normal.' Oh well, at least for the moment, I'm not stuck in that thing.

Beverly

Re: Can you have nerve entrapment but not TTS?

wendyn on 6/10/00 at 13:32 (021613)

Hi - nerve entrapment can happen anywhere. In your wrists it's called Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, in your ankles it's Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. The name only indicates the symptoms that occur depending on the location of the entrapment.

You could have entrapment anywhere even from something like swelling. Rest and Elevation seem to help most of the time. Keep an eye on it and respect the things that seem to make it worse.

mss on 6/10/00 at 21:50 (021625)

The cast boot gave me almost instant relief from all pain. The only time I had the kind of problem you describe was the first day when I did not get my heel all the way back where it was supposed to be. I wore the boot for six weeks and have been doing pretty good the last six weeks with out it, until I went bowling today. I sure hope this is temporary and not a set back. Good luck with your new treatment plan.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/11/00 at 08:15 (021640)

Some people will get that sensation just from pf. The fibers of the pf are pulled or strained and the sensation is burning, electric shooting, tingling. You can also have an neuroma in the third or fourth interspace due to the walking toward the front of your foot from the pain in the pf. So check out the interspaces of your foot.

wendyn on 6/10/00 at 13:32 (021613)

Hi - nerve entrapment can happen anywhere. In your wrists it's called Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, in your ankles it's Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. The name only indicates the symptoms that occur depending on the location of the entrapment.

You could have entrapment anywhere even from something like swelling. Rest and Elevation seem to help most of the time. Keep an eye on it and respect the things that seem to make it worse.

mss on 6/10/00 at 21:50 (021625)

The cast boot gave me almost instant relief from all pain. The only time I had the kind of problem you describe was the first day when I did not get my heel all the way back where it was supposed to be. I wore the boot for six weeks and have been doing pretty good the last six weeks with out it, until I went bowling today. I sure hope this is temporary and not a set back. Good luck with your new treatment plan.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/11/00 at 08:15 (021640)

Some people will get that sensation just from pf. The fibers of the pf are pulled or strained and the sensation is burning, electric shooting, tingling. You can also have an neuroma in the third or fourth interspace due to the walking toward the front of your foot from the pain in the pf. So check out the interspaces of your foot.