Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Depression amonst PF Sufferors needs to be addressed eom

Posted by Bob G. on 6/12/00 at 02:17 (021687)

Depression is a fact of life for many PF Sufferors. They should be afforded medical help.

Re: Depression section of Book

Scott R on 6/12/00 at 06:05 (021689)

Someone posted a message to the 'visitor's comments' section of the book. I think more posts like this would be as helpful as anything I could write. If you want to add to that section, here's the link:

http://heelspurs.com/aa.cgi?b=Psychological%20and%20Social%20Issues&c=view&d=psy&e=2

Here is what she wrote:
Name: Bonnie
Comments: After nearly 2 years of constant pain I am getting more and more depressed. I am on an anti-depressant, however, the fact that I can't exercise, have gained 28 pounds and hurt everytime I stand up and hours every night before the throbbing finally stops, I am ready to give up. I am in treatment, but my 3 doctors seem frustrated and surprisingly uninterested. They have each 'had' plantar faciitis and tell me it took them 18 months to get over it. I have had this for nearly 2 years, but no one seems to care about the devastation this has caused in my life. I can't remember what it's like to prepare dinner for my family or try to clean house for more than 5 minutes without pain. My doctors seem totally opposed to more aggressive types of treatment. I have suggested splints, casts & surgery - they just laugh & seem to think I don't know what I'm talking about.

Re: That story is heartbreaking. Bonnie, are you there?

Beverly on 6/12/00 at 10:54 (021704)

Bonnie's story is heartbreaking. I wonder what happened to her and when she posted that. I don't recall seeing her on the board. When was that?

Bonnie, are you out there? We are all in various stages of PF. Some as bad as yours; some better; a few on the road to recovery. It would be easy to just give up. Reading the board gives me hope when I read about people who had this as bad or worse than me, and they are now doing better. We care about you and want to hear from you if you're out there.
Beverly

Re: Depression section of Book

Scott R on 6/12/00 at 06:05 (021689)

Someone posted a message to the 'visitor's comments' section of the book. I think more posts like this would be as helpful as anything I could write. If you want to add to that section, here's the link:

http://heelspurs.com/aa.cgi?b=Psychological%20and%20Social%20Issues&c=view&d=psy&e=2

Here is what she wrote:
Name: Bonnie
Comments: After nearly 2 years of constant pain I am getting more and more depressed. I am on an anti-depressant, however, the fact that I can't exercise, have gained 28 pounds and hurt everytime I stand up and hours every night before the throbbing finally stops, I am ready to give up. I am in treatment, but my 3 doctors seem frustrated and surprisingly uninterested. They have each 'had' plantar faciitis and tell me it took them 18 months to get over it. I have had this for nearly 2 years, but no one seems to care about the devastation this has caused in my life. I can't remember what it's like to prepare dinner for my family or try to clean house for more than 5 minutes without pain. My doctors seem totally opposed to more aggressive types of treatment. I have suggested splints, casts & surgery - they just laugh & seem to think I don't know what I'm talking about.

Re: That story is heartbreaking. Bonnie, are you there?

Beverly on 6/12/00 at 10:54 (021704)

Bonnie's story is heartbreaking. I wonder what happened to her and when she posted that. I don't recall seeing her on the board. When was that?

Bonnie, are you out there? We are all in various stages of PF. Some as bad as yours; some better; a few on the road to recovery. It would be easy to just give up. Reading the board gives me hope when I read about people who had this as bad or worse than me, and they are now doing better. We care about you and want to hear from you if you're out there.
Beverly