Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Youch!

Posted by Debbie C on 6/12/00 at 19:00 (021730)

So, this PF thing is fairly new for me - just having pain the last month or so, bought some OTC heel pads which don't seem to be helping much. Then, of course, Friday night I spent about an hour in the middle of a 'pit' at a concert (trying mostly to stay ON my feet!) so Saturday morning I couldn't walk at all, my heel hurt so bad. I'm going to run right home and fill up an soda bottle to freeze, and try all of your advice. Just thanks to you all!

Re: Youch!

Bob G. on 6/12/00 at 19:58 (021732)

Hello, Debbie C.!

Your chances are good for recovery. Suggest you obtain a diagnosis from a foot doctor so that you know exactly what's going on. Then, once you know exactly what you've got you can map out your recovery route.

Welcome aboard!

Angie on 6/12/00 at 21:21 (021739)

Debbie- Welcome. You do need to see a doctor to evaluate your condition. You will also get alot of worthwhile information on this site. I got alot of good ideas and tried them out. Some helped some did not, but I have found what works for me and after having this condition for 7 months I am now 90% better. I am getting better every day. I would suggest seeing a POD first to get evaluated first before trying any specific remedies.

Stephanie S. on 6/12/00 at 23:10 (021742)

Welcome to the board. First suggestion...doctor...please
go to the doctor. I think being that you're catching this
early on unlike most of us here...your chances are better
at healing quicker.

Ice those babies and rest. Listen to your feet. Good luck
to you...let us all know how your doing. Stephanie S.

Kim B. on 6/13/00 at 12:39 (021757)

Ok Debbie, your first NEW rule in life is No Concert Pits! You'll be tempeted, but walk away while you still can. Make a list of your personal foot offenders and put Concert Pits at the top.

Welcome to the board, you'll find a lot of helpful support and information here. Seems like you're on the right track so be persistant and you'll feel better ...soon ...eventually, it's hard to say. I've noticed that I bounce back from my setbacks much faster than in the early days of having PF. Knowing that you healed from it once should give you a lot of optimisim.

Regards,
Kim B.

Steve P on 6/13/00 at 15:50 (021763)

Debbie -- Ditto the above advice. Get to a doctor pronto & be sure. Don't let this get any worse!

Bob G. on 6/12/00 at 19:58 (021732)

Hello, Debbie C.!

Your chances are good for recovery. Suggest you obtain a diagnosis from a foot doctor so that you know exactly what's going on. Then, once you know exactly what you've got you can map out your recovery route.

Welcome aboard!

Angie on 6/12/00 at 21:21 (021739)

Debbie- Welcome. You do need to see a doctor to evaluate your condition. You will also get alot of worthwhile information on this site. I got alot of good ideas and tried them out. Some helped some did not, but I have found what works for me and after having this condition for 7 months I am now 90% better. I am getting better every day. I would suggest seeing a POD first to get evaluated first before trying any specific remedies.

Stephanie S. on 6/12/00 at 23:10 (021742)

Welcome to the board. First suggestion...doctor...please
go to the doctor. I think being that you're catching this
early on unlike most of us here...your chances are better
at healing quicker.

Ice those babies and rest. Listen to your feet. Good luck
to you...let us all know how your doing. Stephanie S.

Kim B. on 6/13/00 at 12:39 (021757)

Ok Debbie, your first NEW rule in life is No Concert Pits! You'll be tempeted, but walk away while you still can. Make a list of your personal foot offenders and put Concert Pits at the top.

Welcome to the board, you'll find a lot of helpful support and information here. Seems like you're on the right track so be persistant and you'll feel better ...soon ...eventually, it's hard to say. I've noticed that I bounce back from my setbacks much faster than in the early days of having PF. Knowing that you healed from it once should give you a lot of optimisim.

Regards,
Kim B.

Steve P on 6/13/00 at 15:50 (021763)

Debbie -- Ditto the above advice. Get to a doctor pronto & be sure. Don't let this get any worse!