Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

CraneoSacral Therapy - Any Results?

Posted by Mary Trisky on 6/13/00 at 10:38 (021751)

I've been dealing with Plantar Faciitis for the past 7 years. I used to run 3-4 miles a few times a week, and did a lot of dancing, and did training on my feet for days at a time. I can control it with massaging, icing, physical therapy (strengthening and stretching), orthodics, and virtuallying living in running shoes. Every once in a while, through stress or overuse, it flares up and I am immobilized, sometimes in tears from the pain.

My goal is to go back to dancing. I am considering craneo sacral therapy. Has anyone tried it? I'd love to hear about your experience, successful or not.

Thanks,

Mary Trisky

Please select your response to the above survey question:
Results
.option 1 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 2 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 3 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 4 = 0 votes . . . voters:

Re: CraneoSacral Therapy - Any Results?

Kim B. on 6/13/00 at 12:17 (021754)

Hi Mary,

I've had cranial sacral thearapy done on several occasions. There is very little pain, if any, involved. Sometimes it is so sutile, it's hard to tell that it is actually doing anything. But I've heard and read that that is the way it is suppose to be.

The fist time, I shook and trembeled during it, my therapist thought that was very theraputic, as if there was a big release going on. Could have been, I could have just been real cold, I don't really know exactly. I think I get results from it, but I use it more for my Fibromyalgia, neck, head and general body pain more than for my foot problems. Though, I wouldn't doubt that the feet benefits too since all the nerves are in one way or another connected to the same place.

I've made a few posts about it, but I spelled it different and refered to it as 'cranial sacral release'. You can look up what I posted before if you use the message board search feature located above. Good luck!

Regards, Kim B.

Beverly on 6/13/00 at 19:19 (021775)

Hi Mary,

Do you mean cranial sacral work? That involves the neck. I am a massage junkie... My number one way I spend any disposable income is on massage. I am very picky about who does cranial sacral work. It is very important the person is both well trained and in tune with your body. My own massage therapist, who works at a PT place, says that if done wrong, it can hurt an atery (spelling?) and make you black out.

Beverly

Kim B. on 6/13/00 at 12:17 (021754)

Hi Mary,

I've had cranial sacral thearapy done on several occasions. There is very little pain, if any, involved. Sometimes it is so sutile, it's hard to tell that it is actually doing anything. But I've heard and read that that is the way it is suppose to be.

The fist time, I shook and trembeled during it, my therapist thought that was very theraputic, as if there was a big release going on. Could have been, I could have just been real cold, I don't really know exactly. I think I get results from it, but I use it more for my Fibromyalgia, neck, head and general body pain more than for my foot problems. Though, I wouldn't doubt that the feet benefits too since all the nerves are in one way or another connected to the same place.

I've made a few posts about it, but I spelled it different and refered to it as 'cranial sacral release'. You can look up what I posted before if you use the message board search feature located above. Good luck!

Regards, Kim B.

Beverly on 6/13/00 at 19:19 (021775)

Hi Mary,

Do you mean cranial sacral work? That involves the neck. I am a massage junkie... My number one way I spend any disposable income is on massage. I am very picky about who does cranial sacral work. It is very important the person is both well trained and in tune with your body. My own massage therapist, who works at a PT place, says that if done wrong, it can hurt an atery (spelling?) and make you black out.

Beverly