Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Harachis.................

Posted by JudyS on 6/13/00 at 23:33 (021790)

Yes Kim, it's me, JudyS AKA ChrisO......
I'm so very happy to report that life is better without orthotics. I'm certainly not 100% but at least one mystery is solved. Made a fairly huge goof today - I wore hirachis. I thought I was just going to be in the car but ended up shopping for a bit in them. Not good! One of the most amazing things about PF is how quickly and viciously it'll jump back at you! Anyway, hubby and I are on the big silver bird tomorrow for our vacation trip from San Diego to Maine. I absolutely can't wait to sit down for more than an hour! I will also happily post next from Nancy's easy chair.......

Re: Harachis... -- and no orthotics

Nancy S. on 6/14/00 at 07:00 (021804)

Hi Judy, if you're still home. I second the no-orthotics route, it's definitely helping my own progress too. It's been about a month now, I think. I wear Birks most of the time, and some of the time my hiking boots with no orthotics. They have enough arch in them for me, whereas every pair of orthotics -- after many months of trying myriad styles -- hit my arch wrong or were too high. I have 'normal' arches -- so to Sue S., I wouldn't dare say if you should try this with a flat arch. But it seems if you found a shoe with enough arch to make your foot comfortable, it might be worth a try.
Correction, Judy -- you won't be in MY recliner, you'll be next to me in my husband's recliner! The non-PF guys can make themselves comfortable on the 15-year-old couch, I'm sure, with their feet wherever. --Nancy

Re: Harachis... -- and no orthotics

Nancy S. on 6/14/00 at 07:00 (021804)

Hi Judy, if you're still home. I second the no-orthotics route, it's definitely helping my own progress too. It's been about a month now, I think. I wear Birks most of the time, and some of the time my hiking boots with no orthotics. They have enough arch in them for me, whereas every pair of orthotics -- after many months of trying myriad styles -- hit my arch wrong or were too high. I have 'normal' arches -- so to Sue S., I wouldn't dare say if you should try this with a flat arch. But it seems if you found a shoe with enough arch to make your foot comfortable, it might be worth a try.
Correction, Judy -- you won't be in MY recliner, you'll be next to me in my husband's recliner! The non-PF guys can make themselves comfortable on the 15-year-old couch, I'm sure, with their feet wherever. --Nancy