Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

new birks

Posted by dks3405 (doris keil-shamieh) on 6/16/00 at 13:41 (021923)

Hi Guys,
I got some new Birks and have been wearing them for 2 days. They are not as comfortable as I had expected. How long is the break in time? Do they eventually feel good? My PF foot is still hurting and the rest of the foot seems to be trying to adjust.
You all have been so helpful, thank you!

Dks

Re: new birks

Nancy S. on 6/16/00 at 14:11 (021927)

Hi Doris (aka dks),
They say the usual break-in time for Birks is one to two weeks. If they're bothering you at first, wear them for only a short time in the beginning and then increase the time a bit each day.
I was lucky in that my first pair made me feel better right away, but it did take a week or two to really settle into them. Best of luck! --Nancy

PattyS on 6/16/00 at 22:02 (021945)

I found that my Birks were easier to get used to if I had on a light pair of socks. You might try that around the house. patty

Nancy S. on 6/16/00 at 14:11 (021927)

Hi Doris (aka dks),
They say the usual break-in time for Birks is one to two weeks. If they're bothering you at first, wear them for only a short time in the beginning and then increase the time a bit each day.
I was lucky in that my first pair made me feel better right away, but it did take a week or two to really settle into them. Best of luck! --Nancy

PattyS on 6/16/00 at 22:02 (021945)

I found that my Birks were easier to get used to if I had on a light pair of socks. You might try that around the house. patty