Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pre-molded Orthotics

Posted by CARL on 6/16/00 at 13:47 (021925)

HAS ANYBODY TRIED A PRE-MOLDED DEVICE CALLED HEEL-LITE? I AM TRYING TO FIND AN ORTHOTIC THAT IS NOT SO EXPENSIVE.

Re: Pre-molded Orthotics

john h on 6/16/00 at 19:28 (021940)

carl: i have a brand new pair of heel lights. the arch is to high for my comfort. i wear a size 10 1/2 - 11. i will be glad to give them to you for free. just email me your address if they will fit.

Re: We ought to have a swap meet

alan k on 6/17/00 at 09:59 (021955)

With all the inserts and gadgets we accumulate we ought to exchange things, even do sinful things like give away custom orthotics. I know my orthotics which were molded for me are precisely the worst thing for me. Maybe on a very different foot, they would be just right!

Only kidding, sort of. But we all have piles stuff perhaps we should exchange. I wish I was a 10 1/2 - 11, because I need a high arch insert.

alan k

Carl on 6/19/00 at 06:38 (022036)

John: I appreciate the offer, but shortly after posting my original message, I decided to order a pair of HEEL-LITES. Furthermore, I have a differnt shoe size. The arch should not be a problem for me; I am just hoping the product is well made. I have seen other so called pre-molded 'orthtoics' that sell for several hundred dollars, and are nothing more than a rubber insole!

john h on 6/19/00 at 09:33 (022045)

carl: the Heel Lite seems to be as well made as my $400 custom orthotics. they would be what i call semi-regid. if any of you wear a 10 1/2 or ll i will be glad to send my Heel Lites to you for free. they have only been worn 3 or 4 times.

john h on 6/16/00 at 19:28 (021940)

carl: i have a brand new pair of heel lights. the arch is to high for my comfort. i wear a size 10 1/2 - 11. i will be glad to give them to you for free. just email me your address if they will fit.

Re: We ought to have a swap meet

alan k on 6/17/00 at 09:59 (021955)

With all the inserts and gadgets we accumulate we ought to exchange things, even do sinful things like give away custom orthotics. I know my orthotics which were molded for me are precisely the worst thing for me. Maybe on a very different foot, they would be just right!

Only kidding, sort of. But we all have piles stuff perhaps we should exchange. I wish I was a 10 1/2 - 11, because I need a high arch insert.

alan k

Carl on 6/19/00 at 06:38 (022036)

John: I appreciate the offer, but shortly after posting my original message, I decided to order a pair of HEEL-LITES. Furthermore, I have a differnt shoe size. The arch should not be a problem for me; I am just hoping the product is well made. I have seen other so called pre-molded 'orthtoics' that sell for several hundred dollars, and are nothing more than a rubber insole!

john h on 6/19/00 at 09:33 (022045)

carl: the Heel Lite seems to be as well made as my $400 custom orthotics. they would be what i call semi-regid. if any of you wear a 10 1/2 or ll i will be glad to send my Heel Lites to you for free. they have only been worn 3 or 4 times.