Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Starting a new job Monday

Posted by Elise M. on 6/17/00 at 16:24 (021963)

Hi all,
I'm starting a new job after being a PF sufferer for a year. This job is 8-16 hours on your feet (the 16 is for mandatory overtime) I bought myself combat boots today as this is part of my new uniform. I fully intend to use my orthotics and gel heel pads in them. I will keep you posted on how the feet do after my first shift. I am hopeful and believe all things heal in time. Hope you are all somewhat better, remaining hopeful and still searching for your relief, whatever it is. Feel better................Elise

Re: Starting a new job Monday

Laurie R on 6/17/00 at 18:24 (021970)

To Elisa,
So good to hear you are starting a new job on Monday.Good thoughts coming your way .I hope all is well for your first day and remenber the first day is always the hardest.Please lets us know how it turns out.It's good you got boots for your feet .My very best to you.Laurie R

Pat M. on 6/17/00 at 19:41 (021978)

Good luck, Elise. Hope it all works out for you.
Best wishes, Pat M.

Bob G. on 6/17/00 at 20:26 (021980)

Good luck, Elise! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have a great first day. Also, to top off my positive affirmations for you, I will cross my toes, feet and eyes! :) BG

Nancy S. on 6/17/00 at 21:09 (021985)

Hi Elise, I think I can guess where your new job is . . . and I wish you the very best with it. As I recall from your posts not all that long ago, you were in training for this job and then felt you were going to have to give it up due to PF? It's great you've made so much progress and can give this a go. Do let us know how your feet handle it, especially in combat boots. You might make me trade in my hikers for combat boots, to john h's horror. Of course, nothing will replace the Birks. Good luck to you, Elise!
--Nancy

Lori E. on 6/17/00 at 22:47 (021989)

My dad used to wear his combat boots from his army days for hiking in the mountains and long walks. He must have had them over 30 years. He had them resoled at least 3 times, so I guess they really worked. I am guessing your probably have the right footwear. Good luck in your new job!

Pauline on 6/18/00 at 10:37 (021996)

Elise,
May God be with you and protect your feet from injury, ease any pain, and cure your PF. Good luck in your new job.

Laurie R on 6/17/00 at 18:24 (021970)

To Elisa,
So good to hear you are starting a new job on Monday.Good thoughts coming your way .I hope all is well for your first day and remenber the first day is always the hardest.Please lets us know how it turns out.It's good you got boots for your feet .My very best to you.Laurie R

Pat M. on 6/17/00 at 19:41 (021978)

Good luck, Elise. Hope it all works out for you.
Best wishes, Pat M.

Bob G. on 6/17/00 at 20:26 (021980)

Good luck, Elise! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have a great first day. Also, to top off my positive affirmations for you, I will cross my toes, feet and eyes! :) BG

Nancy S. on 6/17/00 at 21:09 (021985)

Hi Elise, I think I can guess where your new job is . . . and I wish you the very best with it. As I recall from your posts not all that long ago, you were in training for this job and then felt you were going to have to give it up due to PF? It's great you've made so much progress and can give this a go. Do let us know how your feet handle it, especially in combat boots. You might make me trade in my hikers for combat boots, to john h's horror. Of course, nothing will replace the Birks. Good luck to you, Elise!
--Nancy

Lori E. on 6/17/00 at 22:47 (021989)

My dad used to wear his combat boots from his army days for hiking in the mountains and long walks. He must have had them over 30 years. He had them resoled at least 3 times, so I guess they really worked. I am guessing your probably have the right footwear. Good luck in your new job!

Pauline on 6/18/00 at 10:37 (021996)

Elise,
May God be with you and protect your feet from injury, ease any pain, and cure your PF. Good luck in your new job.