Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Custom Orthotics

Posted by Linda on 6/18/00 at 17:57 (022007)

My podiatrist told me to take the inserts out of all my sneakers and shoes (if possible) and put the spenco inserts in them.......after having 2 shots and taking celebrex there is no relief. So now he casted my foot for $400- custom orthotics. I just got them from him but they are only 3/4 length.......they feel fine but now that I tore out the original padding the front seems empty......think this is OK??? I wore it for the last 5 days like this..increasing my time every day....am now up top 5 hrs. a day....it doesent seem to bother me that the front is a little empty..........any thoughts?? Thanks!!

Re: Custom Orthotics

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/18/00 at 18:05 (022009)

If it doesn't bother you its ok . Sometimes this will cause some soreness where it stopped. It it becomes a problem just have the lab change the top cover to full length

Re: Custom Orthotics

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/18/00 at 18:05 (022009)

If it doesn't bother you its ok . Sometimes this will cause some soreness where it stopped. It it becomes a problem just have the lab change the top cover to full length