Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Has anyone tried magnetic foot inserts for their plantar fasciitis? If so, have they worked for you?

Posted by Tracey F on 6/19/00 at 10:00 (022047)

1. I've had lots of success with them
2. I've had some success with them
3. I've had very little success with them
4. I've had no success at all with them
Please select your response to the above survey question:
Results
.option 1 = 1 votes . . . voters: mindspring.com,
.option 2 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 3 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 4 = 4 votes . . . voters: mindspring.com, cache.xecu.net, webtv.net, bitstorm.net,

Re: Has anyone tried magnetic foot inserts for their plantar fasciitis? If so, have they worked for you?

pookie on 6/19/00 at 12:20 (022057)

I read a study on this which stated that magnetic had no theraputic value. But I have heard people swear by it; maybe a placebo effect....

Re: Has anyone tried magnetic foot inserts for their plantar fasciitis? If so, have they worked for you?

dks on 6/19/00 at 18:27 (022066)

I tried the magnets and they didn't help me at all.

Beverly on 6/19/00 at 18:45 (022068)

HI POOKIE:
My physical therapist said magnets are just a fad... gimmick. But I have a nurse friend who wears them for pain somewhere else (not on foot) and likes them. The theory is that they are suppose to increase circulation and that aids healing. But then, good socks like Thoro socks and diabetic socks are also suppose to increase circulation.
I tend to think magnets are a fad, but someone must like them, because they sure sell alot of them.
Beverly

Re: Not good for my feet either......

dang dave on 6/20/00 at 00:18 (022081)

I tried the expensive magnetic inserts by that popular Japanese Amway type of business... they only made my inner soles hurt worse and can only be worn for a couple of hours... no effect whatsoever.... other than potential blistering if worn too long in rigorous walking.

Nancy S. on 6/20/00 at 06:37 (022087)

Dang Dave, how are your feet doing and what are you doing for them these days? Long time no post from you. --Nancy

pookie on 6/19/00 at 12:20 (022057)

I read a study on this which stated that magnetic had no theraputic value. But I have heard people swear by it; maybe a placebo effect....

dks on 6/19/00 at 18:27 (022066)

I tried the magnets and they didn't help me at all.

Beverly on 6/19/00 at 18:45 (022068)

HI POOKIE:
My physical therapist said magnets are just a fad... gimmick. But I have a nurse friend who wears them for pain somewhere else (not on foot) and likes them. The theory is that they are suppose to increase circulation and that aids healing. But then, good socks like Thoro socks and diabetic socks are also suppose to increase circulation.
I tend to think magnets are a fad, but someone must like them, because they sure sell alot of them.
Beverly

dang dave on 6/20/00 at 00:18 (022081)

I tried the expensive magnetic inserts by that popular Japanese Amway type of business... they only made my inner soles hurt worse and can only be worn for a couple of hours... no effect whatsoever.... other than potential blistering if worn too long in rigorous walking.

Nancy S. on 6/20/00 at 06:37 (022087)

Dang Dave, how are your feet doing and what are you doing for them these days? Long time no post from you. --Nancy