Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Where are my Birks?

Posted by KarenK on 6/20/00 at 08:59 (022095)

It's been 43 days since I ordered 2 pair of birks from the German site. Should I be worried? I live in St. Louis, Mo. Has anyone in the Midwest ordered from this site and if so how long did it take to get them? I now have both my daughters-inlaw, and 3 friends wearing Birks. I should have opened my own store!

Re: Where are my Birks?

Pauline on 6/20/00 at 10:30 (022107)

The next time you need Birks you may want to consider QVC. They have a pretty extensive Birks show every now and then and perhaps they
have what you are looking for. You have 30 day return no questions
asked. I have yet to find a Birk I could wear. After all the good
things people say about them I feel real left out. What's wrong with my feet anyway. This time I don't want to be special, just fit in
with the rest of you.

Lori E. on 6/20/00 at 12:46 (022113)

If you ordered your birks from Germany make sure you order air mail. It's more expensive, but it really cuts down on the wait. It's still cheaper than getting Birks from a store here. Other shipping from Europe takes 2 - 3 months. With regular surface mail they put it on a ship to get it to the States. Air mail costs more, but it only take about 2 - 3 weeks. I hope this helps. When I have to send gifts and cards to Germany at X-mas I have to get it out by Nov. 1. at the very latest, my Mom always mailed stuff by Oct. 15. to make sure it got there in time. Hopefully your Birks should be on your doorstep by the 4th of July.

PattyS on 6/20/00 at 15:12 (022120)

QVC is having a Birks hour tomorrow (wed. 6/21) at 7 pm EST, 4 pm PST. They ship very fast and will take them back if you are not satisfied. I think it is a great way to try them out if it is your first pair. You can also order them online at QVC.com if you don't get the channel. Patty

john h on 6/20/00 at 17:31 (022130)

agree with lori. you must order by air and then it can be 3 weeks. i checked the local birk store today and Airizona's are $90 plus. Just For Feet is selling Airizona's for about $40.

Angie on 6/20/00 at 20:42 (022144)

I bought my Birks at Marshal Fields department store. They had a pretty good variety of Birkenstock sandals and best of all I could try them on to see how they fit. I bought the Milano style and I absolutely love them. Plus I was able to walk out of the store with them on. I decided to look into it more because of the fact that I have heard everyone waits a very long time from the German site. This weekend I am going to Nordstroms Department store to get my Birks dress shoes. I am going to purchase the Baltimores but there again I want to be able to try them on. I also agree QVC does have a wide range of Birk sandals- only thing is you cannot try them on.

PattyS on 6/20/00 at 22:21 (022148)

I was in San Francisco on Sunday and went into the Birk store near Union Square. It was 2 floors of Birks-the largest selection I had seen. It even has a little display area on the lower level with concept birks and old styles. The best part was that they had Floridas on sale for $54. Got a pair in navy for a change from my brown Monterrey's. Also tried on the blue suede slip on loafers. Very comfy and fashionable. I will probably order them from Germany since they were $154. There is something to be said for being able to walk out with them though! patty

Lori E. on 6/21/00 at 18:15 (022186)

Just to let everyone know, Herberger is having a sale on 6/22 on three kinds of Birks. I think it's $60. I know the Arizonas are on sale, and two others. I wouldn't suggest anyone going there to get their first pair,(I had a bad experience with that,) but if you need another pair and know what kind you wear, it's a good deal. Just expect them to be swamped, but you can go home with them that day.

Pauline on 6/20/00 at 10:30 (022107)

The next time you need Birks you may want to consider QVC. They have a pretty extensive Birks show every now and then and perhaps they
have what you are looking for. You have 30 day return no questions
asked. I have yet to find a Birk I could wear. After all the good
things people say about them I feel real left out. What's wrong with my feet anyway. This time I don't want to be special, just fit in
with the rest of you.

Lori E. on 6/20/00 at 12:46 (022113)

If you ordered your birks from Germany make sure you order air mail. It's more expensive, but it really cuts down on the wait. It's still cheaper than getting Birks from a store here. Other shipping from Europe takes 2 - 3 months. With regular surface mail they put it on a ship to get it to the States. Air mail costs more, but it only take about 2 - 3 weeks. I hope this helps. When I have to send gifts and cards to Germany at X-mas I have to get it out by Nov. 1. at the very latest, my Mom always mailed stuff by Oct. 15. to make sure it got there in time. Hopefully your Birks should be on your doorstep by the 4th of July.

PattyS on 6/20/00 at 15:12 (022120)

QVC is having a Birks hour tomorrow (wed. 6/21) at 7 pm EST, 4 pm PST. They ship very fast and will take them back if you are not satisfied. I think it is a great way to try them out if it is your first pair. You can also order them online at QVC.com if you don't get the channel. Patty

john h on 6/20/00 at 17:31 (022130)

agree with lori. you must order by air and then it can be 3 weeks. i checked the local birk store today and Airizona's are $90 plus. Just For Feet is selling Airizona's for about $40.

Angie on 6/20/00 at 20:42 (022144)

I bought my Birks at Marshal Fields department store. They had a pretty good variety of Birkenstock sandals and best of all I could try them on to see how they fit. I bought the Milano style and I absolutely love them. Plus I was able to walk out of the store with them on. I decided to look into it more because of the fact that I have heard everyone waits a very long time from the German site. This weekend I am going to Nordstroms Department store to get my Birks dress shoes. I am going to purchase the Baltimores but there again I want to be able to try them on. I also agree QVC does have a wide range of Birk sandals- only thing is you cannot try them on.

PattyS on 6/20/00 at 22:21 (022148)

I was in San Francisco on Sunday and went into the Birk store near Union Square. It was 2 floors of Birks-the largest selection I had seen. It even has a little display area on the lower level with concept birks and old styles. The best part was that they had Floridas on sale for $54. Got a pair in navy for a change from my brown Monterrey's. Also tried on the blue suede slip on loafers. Very comfy and fashionable. I will probably order them from Germany since they were $154. There is something to be said for being able to walk out with them though! patty

Lori E. on 6/21/00 at 18:15 (022186)

Just to let everyone know, Herberger is having a sale on 6/22 on three kinds of Birks. I think it's $60. I know the Arizonas are on sale, and two others. I wouldn't suggest anyone going there to get their first pair,(I had a bad experience with that,) but if you need another pair and know what kind you wear, it's a good deal. Just expect them to be swamped, but you can go home with them that day.