Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Update from a new sufferer

Posted by Theresa R on 6/21/00 at 10:25 (022154)

Last week wrote asking for help in determining if I should go to the Dr. or not. Well, for any who are interested, here's the update (with many thanks to all, especially the author(s) of this site):

Tuesday: I worked from home to rest my feet, and based on info from this website, I changed my habit of sitting (with feet dangling or pointed). I'm sitting here with my feet flexed 90 degrees on one of these special feet thingees under my desk. I actually feel a tiny burning sensation in the surrounding muscles. But boy, Wed. when I woke up, what a difference. Heels still hurt to step on them, but there was this extra pain that was suddenly gone. I think I had surrounding muscle pain I didn't realize was also there. But I'm now going to be very good about sitting feet on the ground or flexed.

Wednesday: I went to the Dr. He confirmed PF based on my complaints and history of recent upping of activity (just moved out of Mom's house and into my own - hence mowing lawn, keeping house, etc..). I thought it was strange that he never even looked at my feet. Anyway, he sent me for xrays and started me on Daypro (anti-inflamitory). I got my brother to mow the lawn.

Today (Wed. a week later): Daypro seems to be lessening heel pain, but not altogether. XRays came back with some evidence of calcium deposits. Got the referral for a podiatrist. Called them and got an appt. for July 6 (2 weeks away).

I'm feeling many things, but taking it all 'in stride' (no pun intended). Feeling a little good because it's not just in my head; feeling a little scared, because it's not gone; feeling a little hopeful that podiatrist will give me a full examination.

Thanks for everybody's posting their experiences & information, in the least it has helped me gauge what could/should happen at the Podiatrist. Any suggestions for what I should request or avoid would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Update from a new sufferer

Steve P on 6/21/00 at 14:48 (022175)

Theresa -- My 2 recommendations: 1) If your Pod takes out a needle, tell him to put it away. Too soon for that in my opinion. 2) Ask him to evaluate your arch support. You may be a candidate for orthotics.

Re: Update from a new sufferer

Steve P on 6/21/00 at 14:48 (022175)

Theresa -- My 2 recommendations: 1) If your Pod takes out a needle, tell him to put it away. Too soon for that in my opinion. 2) Ask him to evaluate your arch support. You may be a candidate for orthotics.