Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

3rd night at work, not too bad

Posted by Elise M. on 6/22/00 at 07:46 (022204)

Hi all,
I've been at my new job for 3 days now, the first night I came home in very bad pain, the second night it eased a bit because I removed my arch supports and just left the gel pads in. Last night, I talked with my Sgt about my feet aching and not wanting to have to give up this job for something that can be prevented by wearing shoes other than my combat boots. He was very helpful, asked that I just get a Dr's letter to send to the upper management for their authorization. When my feet started aching last night, I changed into my black Reeboks and my feet were fine for the rest of the shift. This is a job where you do 15 minute rounds and 30 minute rounds, run to respond to incidents etc. I am working with a great bunch of people who will bend over backwards to insure your safety and comfort. I see my doctor today and can't wait to tell her the good news (and get a letter from her about the shoes) Hope you all find the combination of things that will allow you to go back to your old,painfree status. Feel better..............Elise

Re: 3rd night at work, not too bad

ChuckC on 6/22/00 at 13:20 (022225)

Running in combat boots is one of the worst things you can do to your feet. Most Veitnam veterans can tell you about that. I am glad the army usually has its soldiers run in running shoes nowadays.

Re: 3rd night at work, not too bad

ChuckC on 6/22/00 at 13:20 (022225)

Running in combat boots is one of the worst things you can do to your feet. Most Veitnam veterans can tell you about that. I am glad the army usually has its soldiers run in running shoes nowadays.