Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

my new birks hurt my feet.......help!

Posted by pookie on 6/22/00 at 09:03 (022211)

I bought a pair of Fulda Birks size 41 narrow, and they hurt my feet. The guy at the store said the arch was too high and not long enough, so I bought the Arizona 42 narrow, to no avail. My feet are so sore today. I wore them yesterday for 4 hours. It seems the 41s are too short and the 42s are too long.

Will I ever adjust to these shoes. All I can wear are some cheap Ocean Pacific sandals that look like the birks, but these are falling apart too quickly.

I know there are some Butela; (or some name like that) that have an even lower arch. The guy at the store is going to go insane with me!

Give me some advice Birkers.....

Pookie

Re: my new birks hurt my feet.......help!

iris on 6/22/00 at 16:26 (022240)

i really cannot suggest a birk that might be good for you. i am writing to let you know that there are some people that cannot wear birks- no matter what model. i am one of those people. the pain i got when i tried was unbearable. i have found that haflingers, mephisto and dansko have been very helpful. i hope this helps.
iris

dks on 6/22/00 at 17:28 (022246)

i just got my birks about a week ago. the milano model. they hurt my feet and ankles so bad the first 3 days than started to ease up. the arch felt really weird, but now that i have been wearing them alot and my feet have adjusted and it is actually helping with the PF pain. maybe you just need to give it more time. if they still feel bad try other shoes. i know it gets expensive.

Angie on 6/22/00 at 21:30 (022257)

Hi. Birks work great for me but most of my inflammation was gone before I even began to wear them. I wonder if I had starting wearing them at the beginning of my problem or during the most sore and painful times - would I have had the same success as I am having now with them? I do not know the answer to that. All I know is that the first day or two my feet were a little tender and a little ankle pain. I wore them only 1 hour 1st day-2 hrs the second day, etc..... I wear them at all times now and my feet actually never hurt while I have them on. But if I switch to another shoe- my feet has pain again. Angie

iris on 6/22/00 at 16:26 (022240)

i really cannot suggest a birk that might be good for you. i am writing to let you know that there are some people that cannot wear birks- no matter what model. i am one of those people. the pain i got when i tried was unbearable. i have found that haflingers, mephisto and dansko have been very helpful. i hope this helps.
iris

dks on 6/22/00 at 17:28 (022246)

i just got my birks about a week ago. the milano model. they hurt my feet and ankles so bad the first 3 days than started to ease up. the arch felt really weird, but now that i have been wearing them alot and my feet have adjusted and it is actually helping with the PF pain. maybe you just need to give it more time. if they still feel bad try other shoes. i know it gets expensive.

Angie on 6/22/00 at 21:30 (022257)

Hi. Birks work great for me but most of my inflammation was gone before I even began to wear them. I wonder if I had starting wearing them at the beginning of my problem or during the most sore and painful times - would I have had the same success as I am having now with them? I do not know the answer to that. All I know is that the first day or two my feet were a little tender and a little ankle pain. I wore them only 1 hour 1st day-2 hrs the second day, etc..... I wear them at all times now and my feet actually never hurt while I have them on. But if I switch to another shoe- my feet has pain again. Angie