Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How do you when you can dance again?

Posted by Sweefeet on 6/22/00 at 14:14 (022228)

My feet do not hurt today. I actually feel normal. However, I know from past experience that I cannot jump, run or dance. I am sure if I do I will pay dearly for it with SEVERE pain--like last time. How many good days, weeks, or months before I can say 'I'm going for a run.' I obviously am not good at deciding when I'm 'cured'.

Re: How do you KNOW when you can dance again?

Sweetfeet on 6/22/00 at 14:15 (022229)

I hate mistakes...remember I am too much of a perfectionist!

Mike W on 6/22/00 at 14:59 (022233)

Hello Sweetfeet,

You should be able to dance again or do any other stressful activity when you no longer feel the pain of your heelspur when you press firmly on it with the massage tool and feel no pain. Have you received it and the massage oil yet?

Regards,

Mike W

Re: Slow down, girl!

Beverly on 6/22/00 at 15:02 (022234)

Sweetfeet,

It's not been more than a week ago that you went dancing, and as I recall, you came home in pitiful shape. Have some patience! You will live without dancing. I'm too new at this to know how long you need to rest, but a week doesn't sound long enough.

You must be feeling better to even be thinking about this, and so I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. I usually get myself into trouble when I start feeling a little better and get ambitious. For me, that means a short shopping trip I usually pay dearly for. I guess we all have our weaknesses, and as for me, I'm getting smarter. These veteran PFer's who preach 'rest, rest, rest' seem to benefit from that.
Good Luck,
Beverly

Sweetfeet on 6/22/00 at 15:19 (022235)

Hi, Mike

Yes I received the tool and oil, thanks. It is easier to massage my foot with the tool rather than my hand. Here is a question: After using it on my spur on Sunday (quite vigorously), I was pretty sore on Monday. Did I overdo it?

Sweetfeet on 6/22/00 at 15:23 (022236)

I wasn't ready to go, but I was thinking about it sometime soon. I do have a boyfriend who loves to dance. I guess I can't stop him from enjoying his fun (he recovered from PF completely). Oh, well, I will just have to watch from the sidelines...

Re: How do you when you can dance again?

john h on 6/23/00 at 18:11 (022300)

when you think you are cured wait 6 months and then go for it. just an opinion which i probably could not follow.

Mike W on 6/25/00 at 11:04 (022370)

Hello Vicky,

You may have overdone it a bit, but it is normal for that area to be more tender because you are wearing it down. Use pain as your guide, so start slowly and gradually increase pressure. Always follow with 5 minutes of localized icing. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike W

Sweetfeet on 6/22/00 at 14:15 (022229)

I hate mistakes...remember I am too much of a perfectionist!

Mike W on 6/22/00 at 14:59 (022233)

Hello Sweetfeet,

You should be able to dance again or do any other stressful activity when you no longer feel the pain of your heelspur when you press firmly on it with the massage tool and feel no pain. Have you received it and the massage oil yet?

Regards,

Mike W

Beverly on 6/22/00 at 15:02 (022234)

Sweetfeet,

It's not been more than a week ago that you went dancing, and as I recall, you came home in pitiful shape. Have some patience! You will live without dancing. I'm too new at this to know how long you need to rest, but a week doesn't sound long enough.

You must be feeling better to even be thinking about this, and so I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. I usually get myself into trouble when I start feeling a little better and get ambitious. For me, that means a short shopping trip I usually pay dearly for. I guess we all have our weaknesses, and as for me, I'm getting smarter. These veteran PFer's who preach 'rest, rest, rest' seem to benefit from that.
Good Luck,
Beverly

Sweetfeet on 6/22/00 at 15:19 (022235)

Hi, Mike

Yes I received the tool and oil, thanks. It is easier to massage my foot with the tool rather than my hand. Here is a question: After using it on my spur on Sunday (quite vigorously), I was pretty sore on Monday. Did I overdo it?

Sweetfeet on 6/22/00 at 15:23 (022236)

I wasn't ready to go, but I was thinking about it sometime soon. I do have a boyfriend who loves to dance. I guess I can't stop him from enjoying his fun (he recovered from PF completely). Oh, well, I will just have to watch from the sidelines...

Re: How do you when you can dance again?

john h on 6/23/00 at 18:11 (022300)

when you think you are cured wait 6 months and then go for it. just an opinion which i probably could not follow.

Mike W on 6/25/00 at 11:04 (022370)

Hello Vicky,

You may have overdone it a bit, but it is normal for that area to be more tender because you are wearing it down. Use pain as your guide, so start slowly and gradually increase pressure. Always follow with 5 minutes of localized icing. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike W