Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Am I a canditate for Ossatron?

Posted by Steve L. on 6/22/00 at 15:44 (022237)

Having dealt unsuccessfully with PF for many years, I opted for surgury 13 months ago. (Performed at Stanford U. by a professor of foot and ankle surgery.) 50% fascia release on both feet. The surgery failed, and I am now labeled permanently disabled by the State of Ca.
and must use a wheelchair as much as possible. The slightest use of my feet causes me extreme pain that stays with me for days. What I would like to know is whether Ossatron can be beneficial even though I've had the PF release. I have no intention of giving up, but it seems I've run out of options, having tried every conservative method of treatment for several years prior to surgery. I welcome all opinions and appreciate this board and all who contribute it.

Re: Am I a canditate for Ossatron?

Pauline on 6/22/00 at 16:02 (022239)

Steve,
I honestly don't know if the OssaTron can help you at this point. My
understanding is that it has limited use, however I am sure someone
representing OssaTron can give you the best information. Until it is
approved here you may have to travel to Canada. You could always
write the two Drs there and get their opinions. I would get
all the paper work from your surgery and forward copies to them so
everyone is on the same playing field.

I wish you a lot of luck and hope that you can find a speedy answer
to get you back on your feet. Remember we are all here for each other
so when and if you get down, post your note and we'll get you through.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/22/00 at 16:35 (022242)

So long as you have pin point pain on palpation in about a 5-8 mm area, at the attachment of the pf. There shouldn't be any tts involvement. ESWT could be helpful if the above is your case.

Martha B. on 6/22/00 at 16:48 (022243)

Look up http://www.orthotripsy.com and see what you think. Don't get discouraged if they are not prompt about returning your phone calls. I was warned to bug the daylights out of them and I did. It was the best $$$$$ I ever spent having the ossatron done. GOOD LUCK!!! My contact person was Donna. The email goes directly to Dr. Galea and he is worse than Donna about mailing back. lol

Nancy S. on 6/22/00 at 17:37 (022248)

Hi Steve L, I think I remember your good presence on the board a while back. I admire your spirit and certainly hope that you are an OssaTron candidate -- keep us posted, won't you? We are pulling for you.
--Nancy S.

Pauline on 6/22/00 at 16:02 (022239)

Steve,
I honestly don't know if the OssaTron can help you at this point. My
understanding is that it has limited use, however I am sure someone
representing OssaTron can give you the best information. Until it is
approved here you may have to travel to Canada. You could always
write the two Drs there and get their opinions. I would get
all the paper work from your surgery and forward copies to them so
everyone is on the same playing field.

I wish you a lot of luck and hope that you can find a speedy answer
to get you back on your feet. Remember we are all here for each other
so when and if you get down, post your note and we'll get you through.

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/22/00 at 16:35 (022242)

So long as you have pin point pain on palpation in about a 5-8 mm area, at the attachment of the pf. There shouldn't be any tts involvement. ESWT could be helpful if the above is your case.

Martha B. on 6/22/00 at 16:48 (022243)

Look up http://www.orthotripsy.com and see what you think. Don't get discouraged if they are not prompt about returning your phone calls. I was warned to bug the daylights out of them and I did. It was the best $$$$$ I ever spent having the ossatron done. GOOD LUCK!!! My contact person was Donna. The email goes directly to Dr. Galea and he is worse than Donna about mailing back. lol

Nancy S. on 6/22/00 at 17:37 (022248)

Hi Steve L, I think I remember your good presence on the board a while back. I admire your spirit and certainly hope that you are an OssaTron candidate -- keep us posted, won't you? We are pulling for you.
--Nancy S.