Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Long-time sufferer

Posted by Skyking on 6/22/00 at 17:30 (022247)

Hi Everyone,
I've been reading your board for probably 3 months now. I have been a PF sufferer for 8 years now, 3 surgeries that made it a lot worse, SCAR TISSUE, and not a day without pain. But I can walk an hour or two before it gets so bad I have to get off of them. Yes both feet. The longer I walk the worse it gets. It started out with just heel pain and after the 2 surgeries by POD (scope kind) the whole bottom of my feet feel like I have walked on a pile a rocks. I can take that pain fine, feeling bruised, but it gets worse the longer I stand or walk. It's like the weight on them makes it worse. But everytime I get depressed about it, it seems the Lord brings someone by me in a wheelchair and I think to myself they would probably love to have my pain just to be able to walk. Thank God for pain, I could be numb from paralysis. At least I can get off of my feet and eventually the pain does go away. I am trying some things I have read on this board. Stretching exercises makes them worse but I feel like that is what I need. I don't get the hour or two of relief, it hurts all the time. No anti-inflammatories touch my pain. I have tried them all. Vioxx lately. I even took 10 Advil when shopping one time and couldn't even tell I took them. Tried the taping Scott suggested. I had to take it off after 30 minutes it made my feet hurt so bad. Maybe I did it wrong. I am considering going to a Neuro next. A friend of mine at work (I sit a lot) is taking Neurotin and it is helping him a lot. Have tried magnets in shoes for a year. No help. I know 2 people who swear by them. But one says you have to wear them ALL the time.
I probably haven't been of help to anyone except to suggest DO
NOT HAVE SURGERY. I've had them by POD and Ortho and there was no difference. I wish I had had the advise on this board before the surgeries. My doctor never suggested stretching exercised. He did do taping, cortisone shots and anti-inflams but it got to where they didn't help.
Thanks for listening.

Re: Long-time sufferer

john h on 6/22/00 at 18:19 (022250)

skyking: sounds like you have been down the road. i also had surgery on one foot and it is about the same as the foot that was not operated on. you might look into one of the EWST procedures such as the orbasone or sonnocur. they do multiple treatments and could hit more of your foot than the ossatron from what i have read. seems you would have nothing to lose except the cost of the procedure. what state do you live in.

suzi on 6/24/00 at 18:46 (022349)

Hi SkyKing, what is your e-mail address, I would love to share my experiences with you, we have similar stories!

john h on 6/22/00 at 18:19 (022250)

skyking: sounds like you have been down the road. i also had surgery on one foot and it is about the same as the foot that was not operated on. you might look into one of the EWST procedures such as the orbasone or sonnocur. they do multiple treatments and could hit more of your foot than the ossatron from what i have read. seems you would have nothing to lose except the cost of the procedure. what state do you live in.

suzi on 6/24/00 at 18:46 (022349)

Hi SkyKing, what is your e-mail address, I would love to share my experiences with you, we have similar stories!