Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis

Posted by Jim on 6/24/00 at 16:15 (022335)

In 7-99 I hurt my heel running. I stopped running. The pain was annoying but tolerable, it would ease up as I took it easy but when I would work on my 2nd job, driving a truck my foot would get worse (left of course). So I laid myself off for the winter. Then in Jan. my outside of my foot was hurting so I knew I had to do something. The pain would rise & fall depending on activity.
SI went to a foot Doc. after a coritizone shot the pain left I also did pt. In March it came back another shot more pt. then in May it came back again. Doc. gave another shot & said next step surgery.
Well time for a second opinion. Went to see Dr. Funovits, DNFT Chiropractic He had corrected my wife's jaw problem TMJ. so I went & he found what he thought might be the problem.I had injured my back many years ago & the running had caused the probelm to surface. After the second vist to realine my heel & ankle & knees & lower back, my right foot which had been starting to bother me ( the foot doc. had kept asking if it hurt ) was free of any pain. My left foot is doing grear now after 4 vists. I was afraid to push it but I have this past week. I've stained the fence & changed all 4 tires on my car (same day ) I,m walking 2 to 3 miles at a time I am doing very well. I don't know if all p.f. is caused by back probelms but it certainly should be looked into before you have surgery.
There are 225 styles of chiropractic, I would urge you to contact my Dr. He is located in the chicago area, but I'm sure he could stear you to someone in your area.
E mail (email removed)
or call 847 674 3800
4751 W. Touhy Ave.
Suite 204
Lincolnwood, Il. 60712

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

Nancy S. on 6/25/00 at 22:24 (022405)

Thanks for posting your story, Jim. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some PF cases are related to back problems. One of the many things I've learned on this board is just how related all these things can be -- including body and mind, too. Not that it had never occurred to me, but something like this that throws your whole life out of whack really drives the point home. Congratulations to you for finding great help. --Nancy S.

Steve P on 6/26/00 at 15:29 (022441)

Jim -- Thanks for your post. Glad to hear a success story. Keep up the good work!

Nancy S. on 6/25/00 at 22:24 (022405)

Thanks for posting your story, Jim. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some PF cases are related to back problems. One of the many things I've learned on this board is just how related all these things can be -- including body and mind, too. Not that it had never occurred to me, but something like this that throws your whole life out of whack really drives the point home. Congratulations to you for finding great help. --Nancy S.

Steve P on 6/26/00 at 15:29 (022441)

Jim -- Thanks for your post. Glad to hear a success story. Keep up the good work!