Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

more misc. catching up....

Posted by JudyS on 6/24/00 at 17:38 (022342)

OK OK I know I've gotten long-winded today! This'll be it, I promise!
Scott - what can I do to help with that ibuprofen shipping problem?
TracyF - I spent $70 on the magnet inserts. Might as well have burned the $70....
Frans - GOOD FOR YOU for working with your English AND your girlfriend so hard! We should all have you for a friend!
Pauline - re; your PT - I was wondering why the PT did ultrasound and the ion treatments in the same visit. I'm not surprised that your feet were sore the following day. I got a bit of an 'overkill' impression about your first PT visit. What do you think?
San Diego Padres - '98 centerfielder had serious PF, had release surgery and was back on the field in only 2 weeks. I had a meeting with a Padres person for something unrelated and was looking forward to asking who Finley's surgeon was.......but the meeting got cancelled! Bummer.
Cortisone shots - mine were every bit as bad as Nancy described hers.
I did better with no-drugs childbirth. I did better with a root-canal. And, to top it off, no relief. Also, the shots were in the bottom of the foot and the leftover pain from the shot confused the pain issue so I wasn't sure about relief. Now that I have this seemingly 'new' arch pain, I can't help but wonder if the cortisone did some damage.
BJC - what specifically did the ankle wrap do to relieve your pain?
Birks - For me, with a high and rigid arch, their arch is perfect. The orthotics are in the past unless they can be modified to not create more pain. You'd think the Birks' arch would be too low for me but actually it's that very thing that makes them un-imposing - unlike all of my custom orthotics. Thanks, Nancy, for talking me in to giving the Birks some time!
Pauline - are you in G.R., Mich? I grew up there.
Laurie R - I was wondering about your PT massage. Is it deep? I'm curious because I went to a Chiro for the extra-deep ART massage and it did a wonderful job of breaking up my scar tissue. I was wondering if that kind of massage would help you.
Nancy - this may seem far-fetched, but I was wondering if your Birks could be contributing to the tendonitis? Sounds odd, right? It's just that I notice with mine that I'm tempted to put just a bit of a pad on the heel because I sort of feel the Achilles pulling when I'm wearing them. Just a thought!
Beverly - I am convinced that your contributing prayer has been effective and I thank you for it. I suspect that reading about your caring attitude may have put me just one step closer. You're a dear.

HEY EVERYBODY - NANCY'S GOT WINE, WANNA GO?

Re: more misc. catching up....

Laurie R on 6/24/00 at 20:08 (022351)

Hi Judy,
Yes my therapist gives me a deep tissue massage everytime I go 2 times a week,This is what's breaking up the BIG lump of scar tissue on my fascia,the lump is still there but it is getting smaller,the massage feels so good too.When I saw my Pod on Thursday he checked the BIG lump and said this has gone down .Now I am doing so much better pain wise from last week the thing now is not so much the PF but the TTS .I am learning it is just going to take time and lots of rest.I also learned that if I ever have that bad pain again I will go and see my doctor and not suffer ,I just got a shot to numb my Tarsel Tunnel area on Thursday my foot felt so good no it is not a cure and it only last s 8 hours but for me it is worth it.

Glad to see you back Judy my very best to you.
PS I am still waiting for my book maybe it got lost in the mail.Ha Ha Ha Laurie R

Re: more misc. catching up....

Laurie R on 6/24/00 at 20:08 (022351)

Hi Judy,
Yes my therapist gives me a deep tissue massage everytime I go 2 times a week,This is what's breaking up the BIG lump of scar tissue on my fascia,the lump is still there but it is getting smaller,the massage feels so good too.When I saw my Pod on Thursday he checked the BIG lump and said this has gone down .Now I am doing so much better pain wise from last week the thing now is not so much the PF but the TTS .I am learning it is just going to take time and lots of rest.I also learned that if I ever have that bad pain again I will go and see my doctor and not suffer ,I just got a shot to numb my Tarsel Tunnel area on Thursday my foot felt so good no it is not a cure and it only last s 8 hours but for me it is worth it.

Glad to see you back Judy my very best to you.
PS I am still waiting for my book maybe it got lost in the mail.Ha Ha Ha Laurie R