Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Dr. Z

Posted by Pauline on 6/26/00 at 07:21 (022413)

Dr.Z
Your web page showes a picture of an orthotic with support only around the heel. The entire arch seem to be cut out. I have seen similar looking over the counter gel supports and upon examination
there is a small support for the arch. In the over the counter ones
that part that does touch the arch is still too high.

Can yours be made with a lower arch cut away and would this be the
orthotic of choice for someone that has pain from anything touching
the arch. I know there are many people posting that cannot wear
Birks because of the arch.

Re: To Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/26/00 at 16:26 (022443)

that is an orthosis made for a dress shoe. It is made by langer labs.
Ok for very mild pf. Really good for pain in the ball of the foot.
You can take any orthosis and reduce the height of the arch by grinding down the arch height You need to find a store that makes orthosis and has the grinder to adjust the arch area in the store. My father and other old time foot docs always had a grinder in the office so that any adjustment could be made on the spot. There is a dyna-step orthosis that is a long horse shoe type of over the counter orthosis that might help you. It is made by Dr. Scholls

Re: To Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/26/00 at 16:26 (022443)

that is an orthosis made for a dress shoe. It is made by langer labs.
Ok for very mild pf. Really good for pain in the ball of the foot.
You can take any orthosis and reduce the height of the arch by grinding down the arch height You need to find a store that makes orthosis and has the grinder to adjust the arch area in the store. My father and other old time foot docs always had a grinder in the office so that any adjustment could be made on the spot. There is a dyna-step orthosis that is a long horse shoe type of over the counter orthosis that might help you. It is made by Dr. Scholls