Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

orthodics after surgery?

Posted by caryne on 6/26/00 at 12:20 (022435)

Had surgery on March 30th...doing much better now but just wondering about my orthodics. I still use it on the nonsurgery foot but not able to on the foot that had surgery. Pod. doesn't seem to concerned about whether i'll ever use them again. Just wondering if anyone else didn't use them after surgery.

Re: orthodics after surgery?

wendyn on 6/26/00 at 21:35 (022458)

I have heard that if you will be wearing orthotics after surgery they will need to be remade because your foot changes.

BJC on 6/27/00 at 12:05 (022496)

I had surgery in Jan., and continued to wear the orthotics on the recommendation of dr. I did just have new ones made...too early to tell if they will bring even more comfort to my feet. They were actually recommended not only for PF, but to bring the foot into better position because of a bunion.

wendyn on 6/26/00 at 21:35 (022458)

I have heard that if you will be wearing orthotics after surgery they will need to be remade because your foot changes.

BJC on 6/27/00 at 12:05 (022496)

I had surgery in Jan., and continued to wear the orthotics on the recommendation of dr. I did just have new ones made...too early to tell if they will bring even more comfort to my feet. They were actually recommended not only for PF, but to bring the foot into better position because of a bunion.