Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Oh What a Relief - HOLY @#!%!&%$ I have waited a long time for this.

Posted by Mohez on 6/27/00 at 22:17 (022538)

Hi to all. It has been a long time since I posted, but I have been a frequent reader of the board. Wow its changed. Those of you who know me, know that I was treated for free by John Warlick, formerly of Healthtronics. After my first treatment, I was about 25% better - tops. I subseqeuently went for a second blast and John W told me to tell DR. G to take it to the max - OUCH!!. After my second treatments on both heels, Dr. Galea said that was the highest he has taken it for any patient without being out. It has been about 13 weeks post right heel and 9 weeks post left heel. I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT THE HEELS ARE 75% BETTER THAN PRE 1ST OSSATRON TREATMENT. Having said that - it must be noted that I have not re-started any of my athletic endevours that i used to participate in pre-PF. The only thing I have done is to Golf. I can now succesfully walk a golf course ( with orthotics ) and not have ANY, I repeat ANY heel pain at all. I did not think that i would ever be able to say that. Things are looking very good from my end, the real test will come later on this summer when I start pounding on the heels a little more ( Tennis, ball hockey etc). For now I am just going to enjoy this feeling of not having the same pain every day that I have had for the last 5 years.

If anyone wants my advice - I WOULD RUN, NOT WALK TO YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD OSSATRON MACHINE AND GET TREATED ASAP. IT HAS WORKED FOR ME SO FAR.

My regiment still consists of stretching, orthotics and once in a while some ice and anti -inflammatories ( if I think I will have a busy day ). I will also try and buy those Personal foot trainers that seem to work on some people.

In conclusion I would greatly like to thank John Warlick, Martha B and JennH for everything and of course SCOTT R without whom this would probably not have happened.

If anyone wants to email me - you are most welcome to the above address, I will try to respond asap.

Mohez

posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: OssaTron

Re: Oh What a Relief - HOLY @#!%!&%$ I have waited a long time for this.

rekha on 6/28/00 at 00:28 (022542)

good for you Mohez!!! I am so happy for you...I know you went thru a lot.....reading your post gives me a glimmer of hope...

I should also try being patient...at times I feel like I am losing my mind...I am sure you had your ups and downs...

posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Karen K on 6/28/00 at 09:20 (022552)

Hey Mohez,
What great news! I'm so happy to hear of your success. It kinda adds to our own informal research that the really tough cases tend to find success with more then 1 treatment. I'd love to know the technical definition of, 'take it to the max' as I'm planning to have another go at it and it (hopefully) may not be in Canada.
Congrats!

JudyS on 6/28/00 at 10:05 (022555)

Hi Mohez - that is SUCH good news for you! I love it when we hear any level of success story here - seems like that helps US heal just a little bit more! I don't know where you are located and I'm curious as to where you had your treatments.....

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/28/00 at 11:39 (022560)

I would also like to know this informtion . It could help my patients with treatment parameters. If you know the setting let me know. I give my patients 3000 shocks at 16-18 kv which is 0.6 to 0.8 joules /mm2, the mpa is between 74 and 79 . I can take it up if it proves better.

Trish on 6/29/00 at 21:30 (022684)

I am so glad to hear your story of success, Mohez! I was wondering how you were doing......Congratulations!

Re: Taking it to the MAX- def'n

Mohez on 7/02/00 at 21:59 (022793)

I am sorry I cannot technically define taking the ossatron to the max. All i can tell you is that John Warlick had told me that for the second treatment - I should tell Dr. Galea to take the machine to X. I did not remember the exact number so I told Dr. G that John Warlick said to take the Ossatron to the Max for me. He said he would try- depending on how I reacted during the treatment. I tried very hard not to wince or show any pain - as I wanted him to go as high as he could. I also was probing him to take it higher. After the treatment, Dr. Galea said he took it as high as possible for a human - apparently horses are treated on the Ossatron. It hurt after - just like the original treatment. However the second treatment took longer for me to recover. I hope i have been helpful.

PS. The heels are still holding up - just got back from a golf tournament - not to brag but I walked with no pain during or after ( I did take a celebrex before the round. This was the first time I walked a tournament - I won third prize for net low ( I have a handicap of approx 18 ). Lost out by one stroke for 1st net low.

Mohez

Martha B. on 7/03/00 at 10:14 (022812)

Congrats on the golf win BUT whoa horsey for awhile. I know you are excited about this newfound freedom but give the feet a rest now. Yes, there is a dr. in Mexico that treats his race horses with the ossatron. I am so glad you are finally better!

Re: To Judy

Mohez on 7/09/00 at 20:39 (023089)

Judy

I live in Toronto, and was treated at Dr. Galea's clinic.

rekha on 6/28/00 at 00:28 (022542)

good for you Mohez!!! I am so happy for you...I know you went thru a lot.....reading your post gives me a glimmer of hope...

I should also try being patient...at times I feel like I am losing my mind...I am sure you had your ups and downs...

Karen K on 6/28/00 at 09:20 (022552)

Hey Mohez,
What great news! I'm so happy to hear of your success. It kinda adds to our own informal research that the really tough cases tend to find success with more then 1 treatment. I'd love to know the technical definition of, 'take it to the max' as I'm planning to have another go at it and it (hopefully) may not be in Canada.
Congrats!

JudyS on 6/28/00 at 10:05 (022555)

Hi Mohez - that is SUCH good news for you! I love it when we hear any level of success story here - seems like that helps US heal just a little bit more! I don't know where you are located and I'm curious as to where you had your treatments.....

Dr. Zuckerman on 6/28/00 at 11:39 (022560)

I would also like to know this informtion . It could help my patients with treatment parameters. If you know the setting let me know. I give my patients 3000 shocks at 16-18 kv which is 0.6 to 0.8 joules /mm2, the mpa is between 74 and 79 . I can take it up if it proves better.

Trish on 6/29/00 at 21:30 (022684)

I am so glad to hear your story of success, Mohez! I was wondering how you were doing......Congratulations!

Mohez on 7/02/00 at 21:59 (022793)

I am sorry I cannot technically define taking the ossatron to the max. All i can tell you is that John Warlick had told me that for the second treatment - I should tell Dr. Galea to take the machine to X. I did not remember the exact number so I told Dr. G that John Warlick said to take the Ossatron to the Max for me. He said he would try- depending on how I reacted during the treatment. I tried very hard not to wince or show any pain - as I wanted him to go as high as he could. I also was probing him to take it higher. After the treatment, Dr. Galea said he took it as high as possible for a human - apparently horses are treated on the Ossatron. It hurt after - just like the original treatment. However the second treatment took longer for me to recover. I hope i have been helpful.

PS. The heels are still holding up - just got back from a golf tournament - not to brag but I walked with no pain during or after ( I did take a celebrex before the round. This was the first time I walked a tournament - I won third prize for net low ( I have a handicap of approx 18 ). Lost out by one stroke for 1st net low.

Mohez

Martha B. on 7/03/00 at 10:14 (022812)

Congrats on the golf win BUT whoa horsey for awhile. I know you are excited about this newfound freedom but give the feet a rest now. Yes, there is a dr. in Mexico that treats his race horses with the ossatron. I am so glad you are finally better!

Re: To Judy

Mohez on 7/09/00 at 20:39 (023089)

Judy

I live in Toronto, and was treated at Dr. Galea's clinic.