Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

bromelain/dizziness

Posted by JudyS on 6/28/00 at 10:09 (022557)

Hi all - I took my first 500mg Bromelain this AM at 6:00. About an hour later, and still (8:00) I started having some notable dizziness - has anyone else experienced this with bromelain? Thanks...JS

Re: bromelain/dizziness

Nancy S. on 6/28/00 at 17:57 (022586)

Hello there, Judy. The answer for me is . . . no dizziness from bromelain, ever. And from the quiet all day in response to your question, it looks like you're the ONLY one. So we must look elsewhere. Let's see, are we overicing? Are we icing our head instead of our feet? Has the heat in southern California gone to your head? (If it's gone to mine in Maine, you must all be totally nutty by now in the Southwest.) --Nancy

JudyS on 6/28/00 at 19:02 (022594)

Hi Nancy - yep - it's something else...maybe my ears were plugged up or something early today. That'll teach me to get out of bed at 5:30 in the ridiculous AM! I had a second Bromelain about 3 hours ago - no dizziness. Contrary to popular opinion, I am really not a dizzy brunette!

Re: dizziness

Bob G. on 6/28/00 at 22:23 (022612)

I used to get dizzy like that when dancing the beer-barrell polka! :P

It has been over a year now since THAT! :(

Hopefully can do again in a month or two or ??? :)

Pauline on 6/29/00 at 08:15 (022632)

Judy,
Confused from your postings? Did the Bromelain cause the dizziness or
not. This would be important to me because dizziness sets off panic
attacks in me. I couldn't tell if you were joking about your ears.
I do know that ear problems cause dizziness.

JudyS on 6/29/00 at 09:54 (022641)

I grew up on the Beer Barrel Polka! In Michigan, the BIG family parties were always in some cousin's driveway and everybody was required to BBP on the concrete! Ha - so THAT was start of my PF!

JudyS on 6/29/00 at 10:14 (022650)

Hi Pauline - sorry about introducing any sense of panic! I determined that the Bromelain was most likely not the cause of the dizziness because I've taken it three times more with no such effect.

I ended up assuming that perhaps my ears or sinuses were slightly plugged up early that morning when I got up. The dizziness dissapated after a few hours........although there are those who say it's NEVER been gone!

Nancy S. on 6/28/00 at 17:57 (022586)

Hello there, Judy. The answer for me is . . . no dizziness from bromelain, ever. And from the quiet all day in response to your question, it looks like you're the ONLY one. So we must look elsewhere. Let's see, are we overicing? Are we icing our head instead of our feet? Has the heat in southern California gone to your head? (If it's gone to mine in Maine, you must all be totally nutty by now in the Southwest.) --Nancy

JudyS on 6/28/00 at 19:02 (022594)

Hi Nancy - yep - it's something else...maybe my ears were plugged up or something early today. That'll teach me to get out of bed at 5:30 in the ridiculous AM! I had a second Bromelain about 3 hours ago - no dizziness. Contrary to popular opinion, I am really not a dizzy brunette!

Bob G. on 6/28/00 at 22:23 (022612)

I used to get dizzy like that when dancing the beer-barrell polka! :P

It has been over a year now since THAT! :(

Hopefully can do again in a month or two or ??? :)

Pauline on 6/29/00 at 08:15 (022632)

Judy,
Confused from your postings? Did the Bromelain cause the dizziness or
not. This would be important to me because dizziness sets off panic
attacks in me. I couldn't tell if you were joking about your ears.
I do know that ear problems cause dizziness.

JudyS on 6/29/00 at 09:54 (022641)

I grew up on the Beer Barrel Polka! In Michigan, the BIG family parties were always in some cousin's driveway and everybody was required to BBP on the concrete! Ha - so THAT was start of my PF!

JudyS on 6/29/00 at 10:14 (022650)

Hi Pauline - sorry about introducing any sense of panic! I determined that the Bromelain was most likely not the cause of the dizziness because I've taken it three times more with no such effect.

I ended up assuming that perhaps my ears or sinuses were slightly plugged up early that morning when I got up. The dizziness dissapated after a few hours........although there are those who say it's NEVER been gone!