Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

interesting link on trigger points and foot pain

Posted by alan k on 6/29/00 at 09:40 (022637)

this might be interesting:

http://www.curtin.edu.au/curtin/dept/physio/podiatry/encyclopedia/myofascial/

alan k

Re: interesting link on trigger points and foot pain

JudyS on 6/29/00 at 10:23 (022652)

Alan - thank you for that link. I've just perused it but of course it's a bit technical in it's language so difficult to understand. Have you been able to translate it? Also, what is the 'spray' that is mentioned as a precurser to the passive stretching treatment?

alan k on 6/29/00 at 11:32 (022657)

I can follow the article because I know somethings about Thai massage which also works to release trigger points. I will try to translate this soon.

The spray is an intense cooling agent. It has never done anything for me and only really is useful if used by a therapist who may stretch your foot and then apply the spray. Otherwise it is rather hard to reach and perform on oneself. It seems to be most effective when used on on-the-spot injuries in a middle of a basketball game, etc. though some physical therapists would beg to differ and use it regularly in weekly therapy.

alan k

JudyS on 6/29/00 at 10:23 (022652)

Alan - thank you for that link. I've just perused it but of course it's a bit technical in it's language so difficult to understand. Have you been able to translate it? Also, what is the 'spray' that is mentioned as a precurser to the passive stretching treatment?

alan k on 6/29/00 at 11:32 (022657)

I can follow the article because I know somethings about Thai massage which also works to release trigger points. I will try to translate this soon.

The spray is an intense cooling agent. It has never done anything for me and only really is useful if used by a therapist who may stretch your foot and then apply the spray. Otherwise it is rather hard to reach and perform on oneself. It seems to be most effective when used on on-the-spot injuries in a middle of a basketball game, etc. though some physical therapists would beg to differ and use it regularly in weekly therapy.

alan k