Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Rick R./Scar Tissue

Posted by Rosie A on 6/29/00 at 10:09 (022646)

Thanks for your input Rick.

Just a few more questions. What was your down time (recovery time) for this? Did they put your foot in a cast or anything like that? He had said that sometime if they notice that a part of the facia is really damaged they will to a partial release but they don't know until they get in there? I know this is a silly question but they do knock you out don't they? Thanks for any additional information you can give me.

Re: To Rick R./Scar Tissue

Rick R on 6/30/00 at 06:22 (022696)

Rosie,

I was on crutches for one month with no contact at all. At some point massaging the scar area was introduced but I forget when. After one month I was supposed to wean myself off of the crutches. I was lucky, no pain so I could just walk away from the blased things. I didn't have a cast. I didn't even experiment with anything the least bit rigorous for 6 months. I didn't try running regularly for a full year. And yes they do put you out. They never know what they are going to find until they are in there. As I mentioned they spent about 3 times the time that they thought they would. Feel free to ask any other questions that may come to mind. Hope things go well for you.

Rick

Re: To Rick R./Scar Tissue

Rick R on 6/30/00 at 06:22 (022696)

Rosie,

I was on crutches for one month with no contact at all. At some point massaging the scar area was introduced but I forget when. After one month I was supposed to wean myself off of the crutches. I was lucky, no pain so I could just walk away from the blased things. I didn't have a cast. I didn't even experiment with anything the least bit rigorous for 6 months. I didn't try running regularly for a full year. And yes they do put you out. They never know what they are going to find until they are in there. As I mentioned they spent about 3 times the time that they thought they would. Feel free to ask any other questions that may come to mind. Hope things go well for you.

Rick