Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Day 3 after surgery

Posted by KAREN S on 7/01/00 at 21:47 (022756)

Well, i had my surgery on Thurs. june 29/00. They ended up taking the heel spur off as well as doing the muscle release. I was not too fussy about being awake during the procedure and the freezing needles hurt bad, but it's over. The first day I was going out of my mind with pain, but now the pain is bearable. In 2 weeks I go back to get the stitches removed, then get put in a cast for 6 weeks. I am not allowed to put any weight on it at all. All I can say is I sure hope this is all worth it. I will keep you posted on my outcome.

Thank You....Karen

Re: Day 3 after surgery

Pauline on 7/02/00 at 08:13 (022766)

Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery.

barb on 7/02/00 at 19:24 (022788)

Every day will get better, Karen. I had this done about 12 years ago on my right foot and it's been wonderful. Now I find I need to have it done on my left foot. Not looking forward to it but the pain I have now is worse, so here I go again. I'm just hoping the techniques are better these days and I heel even faster. Keep your chin up-it's worth it!

BJC on 7/02/00 at 20:04 (022789)

Glad you came thru surgery OK. Try to 'enjoy' your recuperation...I had a blast quilting my heart out! It has been worth it in the end. Keep us posted.

Sharie H on 7/08/00 at 13:40 (023031)

Hi there,

I saw your message on the PF site, and I noticed you said you 'quilted your heart out'! I also do quilting but not hand quilting, but love love love quilting! Maybe this will be the time while sitting post surgery, on this next Wednesday, to teach myself how to do hand quilting. I really appreciate your message sparking my interest in doing this to help pass my sitting time!

Thank you so much!!
Sharie
in San Diego, California

JudyS on 7/08/00 at 16:19 (023036)

Hi Shari - I got a little jolt when I saw you're in San Diego - I am too! Who's doing your surgery? I have PF in both feet (for 2 years now) and my Podiatrist is a little reluctant to do surgery. My husband had the kind you've described and it worked well for him.

Pauline on 7/02/00 at 08:13 (022766)

Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery.

barb on 7/02/00 at 19:24 (022788)

Every day will get better, Karen. I had this done about 12 years ago on my right foot and it's been wonderful. Now I find I need to have it done on my left foot. Not looking forward to it but the pain I have now is worse, so here I go again. I'm just hoping the techniques are better these days and I heel even faster. Keep your chin up-it's worth it!

BJC on 7/02/00 at 20:04 (022789)

Glad you came thru surgery OK. Try to 'enjoy' your recuperation...I had a blast quilting my heart out! It has been worth it in the end. Keep us posted.

Sharie H on 7/08/00 at 13:40 (023031)

Hi there,

I saw your message on the PF site, and I noticed you said you 'quilted your heart out'! I also do quilting but not hand quilting, but love love love quilting! Maybe this will be the time while sitting post surgery, on this next Wednesday, to teach myself how to do hand quilting. I really appreciate your message sparking my interest in doing this to help pass my sitting time!

Thank you so much!!
Sharie
in San Diego, California

JudyS on 7/08/00 at 16:19 (023036)

Hi Shari - I got a little jolt when I saw you're in San Diego - I am too! Who's doing your surgery? I have PF in both feet (for 2 years now) and my Podiatrist is a little reluctant to do surgery. My husband had the kind you've described and it worked well for him.