Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Hi Gang, Sorry I've been absent.

Posted by Kim B. on 7/02/00 at 20:13 (022791)

Hello to Beverly, Judy, Wendyn and all PF friends!

Thanks for asking about me. Unfortunately, I have been sooo swamped lately. My teenage niece came for an extended visit and that has kept me hopping. I barely have time to clean out my email box (darn spam), much less check in over here, though I'd like to more often. Some days I don't even get to sit at the 'puter, other times, my niece is on it, so I have to find something else to do.

Here is the bad news. My feet are hurting a lot more lately, I guess I am on 'the go' too much. It makes me sad. I'm not as bad off as I was in the beginning, but I have to ice more these days, and I beg for a chance to sit down for more than 3 minutes. I feel certain that I need physical therapy, which means I need a need a 'permission slip' from the doctor. But first I have to find time for an appointment, then arrange child care for the designated time, the list goes on...

I am not getting the foot and body massages as regular as I was before and this may be why my pain is returning. Also, we just spent 4 days over in Hot Springs, Arkansas and that may have stressed my feet some too. Still haven't rescheduled the doomed Memphis trip, (the one I leaving for when our dog bit my face). Will probably do that in the Fall if my feet are willing. The ONLY reason I planned that trip in the first place was because my feet were feeling great at the time. I think the stress of the dog bite and subsequent euthinizing of our family pet has emotionally stressed me, and that too may be adding to my foot flair up. I have figured out this much... KIDS cause PF. I would almost bet that everyone here either has kids, or is a teacher.

My face is well...scarred. I have to wait 3 months before I see a plastic surgeon and have a 'scar revision' done to minimize the approx. 2 inch scar that is diagonal across my right cheek.

Thanks for asking about me, it means a lot that you guys missed a mean old lady like me. I'll try not to stay away so long. Thanks for updating them on my status Wendyn. :-)

Regards, Kim B.

Bob G. on 7/03/00 at 05:10 (022800)

Hi, Kim! Good to hear from you - glad you're back. In response to your comment, I don't have kids - but then again, I have recovered twice from PF. I can understand how it can be, though, having been around my four nieces and nephews plus other kids. Kids are fun, they take up time, and they make your feet do more than otherwise. All I can say is 'count your blessings'.

Sad to hear about your Dog. I hope you have many good memories.

I just got home from a business trip - it's 3 in the morning I and can't sleep. Darn spam. Time to count sheep...BG

john h on 7/03/00 at 08:54 (022809)

kim: we may have passed like two ships in the night. i live in little rock just northeast of hot springs and go there frequently.

Re: Way to go Bob... blow my "kids" theory. :-) eom

Kim B. on 7/03/00 at 19:30 (022827)

'eom' means end of message.

Re: Hi John, you gotta love "The Springs!"

Kim B. on 7/03/00 at 20:07 (022828)

Of course I got a mineral bath and massage while I was there. Funny, the rest of the family went to the 'Magic Springs' amusement park, but not me, I dropped them off and headed for the bath houses!

Talk about denial, I was secretly hoping that one mineral bath would wash that PF (and FM) down the drain. No such luck. They asked me if I wanted a sitz bath, and I thought, 'only if I can stick my feet in it!'

Get this gang, after posting for the first time in weeks last night, I started really thinking about what I'm doing differently now, verses when my feet were doing so much better. Suddenly, one thing that came to mind was that my Yoga stretches (and postures) had fallen by the way side. So last night, I got my Hoffa Yoga tape (by Linda Arkin) out. My feet were actually more durable today than they have been in the past several days. Not pain free, but actually better after just one night of getting back on my yoga program. I am seriously thinking there is something that I release in my spine or hips that helps my foot pain. I was only averaging it a few times a week, but I'll try to get my program back on track and see if my feet continue to respond. Maybe there is something to it. Maybe it is one certain posture that does a release, maybe it is the psychological aspect, placebo affect, and/or actual stress release.

Regards, Kim B.

Bob G. on 7/03/00 at 05:10 (022800)

Hi, Kim! Good to hear from you - glad you're back. In response to your comment, I don't have kids - but then again, I have recovered twice from PF. I can understand how it can be, though, having been around my four nieces and nephews plus other kids. Kids are fun, they take up time, and they make your feet do more than otherwise. All I can say is 'count your blessings'.

Sad to hear about your Dog. I hope you have many good memories.

I just got home from a business trip - it's 3 in the morning I and can't sleep. Darn spam. Time to count sheep...BG

john h on 7/03/00 at 08:54 (022809)

kim: we may have passed like two ships in the night. i live in little rock just northeast of hot springs and go there frequently.

Re: Way to go Bob... blow my "kids" theory. :-) eom

Kim B. on 7/03/00 at 19:30 (022827)

'eom' means end of message.

Re: Hi John, you gotta love "The Springs!"

Kim B. on 7/03/00 at 20:07 (022828)

Of course I got a mineral bath and massage while I was there. Funny, the rest of the family went to the 'Magic Springs' amusement park, but not me, I dropped them off and headed for the bath houses!

Talk about denial, I was secretly hoping that one mineral bath would wash that PF (and FM) down the drain. No such luck. They asked me if I wanted a sitz bath, and I thought, 'only if I can stick my feet in it!'

Get this gang, after posting for the first time in weeks last night, I started really thinking about what I'm doing differently now, verses when my feet were doing so much better. Suddenly, one thing that came to mind was that my Yoga stretches (and postures) had fallen by the way side. So last night, I got my Hoffa Yoga tape (by Linda Arkin) out. My feet were actually more durable today than they have been in the past several days. Not pain free, but actually better after just one night of getting back on my yoga program. I am seriously thinking there is something that I release in my spine or hips that helps my foot pain. I was only averaging it a few times a week, but I'll try to get my program back on track and see if my feet continue to respond. Maybe there is something to it. Maybe it is one certain posture that does a release, maybe it is the psychological aspect, placebo affect, and/or actual stress release.

Regards, Kim B.