Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spur Removal

Posted by Jean W. on 7/04/00 at 17:32 (022856)

I had surgery on June 15,2000 to remove heel spurs on both feet. Also, had a Morton's Neuroma removed from the right foot. The Doctor said that the Neuroma was the result of putting most of my weight on the front part of my foot because walking on my heel hurt. Am still having quite a bit of pain in both feet, also, having burning sensation, pins and needles,sharp pains in heel and toe areas and some numbness. I still have alot of pain in the morning when I wake, and cannot stand on my feet for more then 5 - 10 minutes with out having alot of pain. Has anyone else had any of these problems and it so how long did they last. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Heel Spur Removal

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/04/00 at 18:14 (022860)

This can happen after heel spur surgery, especially both feet. It take somes times up to six months for the foot to heal after heel spur surgery. The numbness in the toe area is from the neuroma surgery
Patients get pins, needle sensation and sharp stabbing pain after heel spur surgery. This is bone healing and muscle, nerve healing.
Try to rest, rest, . There is a product called cyrocuff which is an icing device that can help you . Look in this message board and go to the web site.

Re: Heel Spur Removal

Dr. Zuckerman on 7/04/00 at 18:14 (022860)

This can happen after heel spur surgery, especially both feet. It take somes times up to six months for the foot to heal after heel spur surgery. The numbness in the toe area is from the neuroma surgery
Patients get pins, needle sensation and sharp stabbing pain after heel spur surgery. This is bone healing and muscle, nerve healing.
Try to rest, rest, . There is a product called cyrocuff which is an icing device that can help you . Look in this message board and go to the web site.