Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

what about the stepper???

Posted by Jane on 7/04/00 at 21:48 (022864)

I have had pf for 7 mths. now......i all but stopped running and have tried the eliptical machine but thats not working either..........i have recently tried the stair stepper at the gym.........has anybody else successfully used this machine?? Thanks for all your imput.....Jane

Re: what about the stepper???

Nancy S. on 7/05/00 at 00:16 (022869)

I doubt it, Jane. Do you still have PF pain? If so, personally I would swim or do something else nonweightbearing, until PF pain has been totally gone for a good 3 months. It doesn't sound as if your feet have had much of a break -- have they? --Nancy

April on 7/05/00 at 12:35 (022880)

I'm a 34 year old female that has recovered from PF. It took 2 years. DO NOT mess with this thing. I tried the stepper yesterday for the first time in 2 years. I know well how to use it. Yet, I was still a little sloppy with technique to start and I got just a twinge (very small) of it back. Boy am I scared! Today I switched to bike and WALKING on the tread mill. So far so good. I wouldn't even touch walking if you still have pain. Confine yourself to bike and weights. You have been warned! By the way....stretch before you exercise ALL the time. Good Luck!

Nancy S. on 7/05/00 at 00:16 (022869)

I doubt it, Jane. Do you still have PF pain? If so, personally I would swim or do something else nonweightbearing, until PF pain has been totally gone for a good 3 months. It doesn't sound as if your feet have had much of a break -- have they? --Nancy

April on 7/05/00 at 12:35 (022880)

I'm a 34 year old female that has recovered from PF. It took 2 years. DO NOT mess with this thing. I tried the stepper yesterday for the first time in 2 years. I know well how to use it. Yet, I was still a little sloppy with technique to start and I got just a twinge (very small) of it back. Boy am I scared! Today I switched to bike and WALKING on the tread mill. So far so good. I wouldn't even touch walking if you still have pain. Confine yourself to bike and weights. You have been warned! By the way....stretch before you exercise ALL the time. Good Luck!