Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

July 4th Feetworks!

Posted by Sweetfeet on 7/05/00 at 07:57 (022875)

I went to a celebration for the 4th in a big open field, local fairgrounds. We had to park fairly far away so I was very nervous about the long walk. Well, I walked and got near the stage (our destination). The band played some great songs and you know me--I danced. Okay, it wasn't Lindy Hop, but it was great fun and movement--not a lot of jumping. We milled about looking at the exhibits, etc. I was thinking the whole time I am really going pay for this. I just know I won't be able to walk tomorrow. I even walked to my car after the show was over extremely fast mumbling this is it I am doing myself in. Well, this a.m. is great. No noticeable pain. Now, I know it is lurking there, because I can press and feel the tender points, but I CAN WALK! YEAH! I think my feet are getting better. A month ago, I would have paid dearly for this moment of fun with my feet. Today is different.

Re: Ho-rrraaaayyyy for you!!!

Bob G. on 7/05/00 at 20:24 (022885)

Good story of success, Sweetfeet. Congratulations on your success and keep doing what works! BG

Re: July 4th Feetworks!

Diane on 7/05/00 at 22:23 (022889)

Sweetfeet,

Did you have EPF proceedure? Just wondering, I couldn't remember nor could I find your message about what you had done!!

I had it in May and am doing very well.

Di

Sweetfeet on 7/06/00 at 07:36 (022894)

No, I did not have the EPF procedure. I did easier things like, rest, rest, rest, massage, exercises (with PFTs), acupuncture and of course my most powerful weapon BIRKENSTOCKS! I have not been running (used to every day) in about 8 months. Now, this has not been easy because I love to move with my feet either running or dancing, but it has been said over and over on this board that rest is really important. It must be working because my feet feel better.

Re: Wonderful! ....

VioletD on 7/07/00 at 09:16 (022971)

Sounds like you're on your way, and isn't it bliss? Just don't get cocky and push too hard!

Experiences like you had are good examples how we don't miss something until it's gone.....like walking pain free. After my three year experience with pf, I swear I will never take walking pain free for granted again. Each time I stride across a parking lot and my feet don't hurt I actually talk to myself about how wonderful it feels.

Re: Ho-rrraaaayyyy for you!!!

Bob G. on 7/05/00 at 20:24 (022885)

Good story of success, Sweetfeet. Congratulations on your success and keep doing what works! BG

Diane on 7/05/00 at 22:23 (022889)

Sweetfeet,

Did you have EPF proceedure? Just wondering, I couldn't remember nor could I find your message about what you had done!!

I had it in May and am doing very well.

Di

Sweetfeet on 7/06/00 at 07:36 (022894)

No, I did not have the EPF procedure. I did easier things like, rest, rest, rest, massage, exercises (with PFTs), acupuncture and of course my most powerful weapon BIRKENSTOCKS! I have not been running (used to every day) in about 8 months. Now, this has not been easy because I love to move with my feet either running or dancing, but it has been said over and over on this board that rest is really important. It must be working because my feet feel better.

Re: Wonderful! ....

VioletD on 7/07/00 at 09:16 (022971)

Sounds like you're on your way, and isn't it bliss? Just don't get cocky and push too hard!

Experiences like you had are good examples how we don't miss something until it's gone.....like walking pain free. After my three year experience with pf, I swear I will never take walking pain free for granted again. Each time I stride across a parking lot and my feet don't hurt I actually talk to myself about how wonderful it feels.