Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just checking in

Posted by Nicole V. R. on 7/06/00 at 13:35 (022907)

Hi everyone! Though I haven't been posting lately, I still read the board regularly. I haven't been as aggressive with my PF treatment since becoming pregnant, but I do stay off my feet as much as possible. I have gained 8 pounds and can really feel it in my foot. My pain seems to be 'moving' more and more towards the inside of my foot, closer to the arch. I'll definately work on feeling better once the baby is born.
The other night I had a dream that I was going to physical therapy. The therapist had a large tube of blue liquid with a needle in one end which she stuck in my foot! I asked her what she was doing since this was not my usual PT treatment, and she said the liquid would sedate me to prepare me for surgery. Was I ever irrate! I demanded she take out the needle and informed her it was illegal to perform surgery on someone without their consent. She tried to calm me down, explaining that I needed the surgery but wouldn't listen to anyone. I left the place mad! I guess if I were going to analyse this dream I was probably trying to convince myself of something that I'm afraid of!
Take Care everyone!

Re: Just checking in

Nancy S. on 7/06/00 at 16:36 (022918)

Good to hear from you, Nicole. That's a spooky dream you had there . . . in some corner of your mind are you thinking you should have surgery? How would you evaluate your Ossatron results at this point? I hope, aside from your feet, that you're doing well with your pregnancy. Try to remember to take care of those fragile things at the ends of your legs. I used to assume that feet are naturally strong. I guess that's why I never thought about them. These days it's a struggle to think of much else! I sure hope my character is busy building up from this -- something good has to come from it. Some days I think yes, other days I get lost. The board is orienting, though. I hope you're getting better --Nancy

Lori E. on 7/06/00 at 18:35 (022929)

I had a dream about a needle being stuck in my foot at the dr.too. I think that we all worry about our feet once we have something wrong with them. I think my dream was directly associated with the pain I was having in my foot at the time. I also dreamt that a snake bit my foot. So I guess I am focusing on my feet in my dreams, maybe trying to figure out how to get them feeling better. I did eventually get acupuncture and the needle, snake bit dreams stopped, something to think about I guess. Take care of yourself.

Nancy S. on 7/06/00 at 16:36 (022918)

Good to hear from you, Nicole. That's a spooky dream you had there . . . in some corner of your mind are you thinking you should have surgery? How would you evaluate your Ossatron results at this point? I hope, aside from your feet, that you're doing well with your pregnancy. Try to remember to take care of those fragile things at the ends of your legs. I used to assume that feet are naturally strong. I guess that's why I never thought about them. These days it's a struggle to think of much else! I sure hope my character is busy building up from this -- something good has to come from it. Some days I think yes, other days I get lost. The board is orienting, though. I hope you're getting better --Nancy

Lori E. on 7/06/00 at 18:35 (022929)

I had a dream about a needle being stuck in my foot at the dr.too. I think that we all worry about our feet once we have something wrong with them. I think my dream was directly associated with the pain I was having in my foot at the time. I also dreamt that a snake bit my foot. So I guess I am focusing on my feet in my dreams, maybe trying to figure out how to get them feeling better. I did eventually get acupuncture and the needle, snake bit dreams stopped, something to think about I guess. Take care of yourself.