Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Music for my feet.....

Posted by TRC on 7/07/00 at 01:40 (022948)

After walking a few million miles on concrete floors I've developed a severe case of Plantar Fascilitis in both feet.The cortisone shots last about 6 months. I just completed my second set of shots which makes my problem about eight months old.My next option seems to be the walking cast, one foot at a time...The boom-box (E.P/S?.W.T.)might be the music I need. Is there any information for the Richmond, VA area?
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: Music for my feet.....

Dr. Biehler on 7/07/00 at 05:55 (022950)

The cortizone shots reduce the inflamation giving the foot time to heel. If the pain is going away, it appears to be heeling then it's getting re-injured. Both surgery and ESWT are options that I think are best reserved for the pain that won't go away. If you are getting the temporary heeling, first you should try to find the cause of the problem, ie. if its just walking on hard floors then mabe all you need are better or correctly fitted shoes. Dr. Biehler

john h on 7/07/00 at 09:01 (022968)

ESWT is not covered by Medicare or most insurance companies. Dr Zuckerman (Orbasone) is located just outside philadelphia. If you got 6 months relief from the cortisone you need to figure out what you are doing to re-aggreviate your condition.

Dr. Biehler on 7/07/00 at 05:55 (022950)

The cortizone shots reduce the inflamation giving the foot time to heel. If the pain is going away, it appears to be heeling then it's getting re-injured. Both surgery and ESWT are options that I think are best reserved for the pain that won't go away. If you are getting the temporary heeling, first you should try to find the cause of the problem, ie. if its just walking on hard floors then mabe all you need are better or correctly fitted shoes. Dr. Biehler

john h on 7/07/00 at 09:01 (022968)

ESWT is not covered by Medicare or most insurance companies. Dr Zuckerman (Orbasone) is located just outside philadelphia. If you got 6 months relief from the cortisone you need to figure out what you are doing to re-aggreviate your condition.