Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT

Posted by john h on 7/07/00 at 08:47 (022963)

i received a message from one doctors office that if the FDA approves the OssaTron they will be prepared to do procedures by as early as late summer or early fall.

Re: ESWT

Pauline on 7/07/00 at 15:34 (022994)

John,
Do you have a list of the Doctors that will be using the OssaTron in
the U.S.? Do I understand correctly that this treatment has best
results for concentrated pain located at the insertion heel site.
Would it provide any benefit to those of us with pain and inflammation throughout the arch. Could the focal point be moved around the foot to include different areas?

I don't remember my pain beginning in the insertion area it just
flared up throughout the entire arch right from the beginning. That
makes me think that only first time PF patients caught early just
when pain is beginning will be the mosted helped by the OssaTron and
others. Am I correct in my thinking?

john h on 7/07/00 at 20:00 (023011)

my understanding from dr zuckerman that the best outcomes are when the pain is confined to a small area where the fascia inserts into the heel. since the focal point of all the machines is very small it would be difficult to treat a large area. of course your primary pain may be very confined and you may have referred pain somewhere else.

Pauline on 7/07/00 at 15:34 (022994)

John,
Do you have a list of the Doctors that will be using the OssaTron in
the U.S.? Do I understand correctly that this treatment has best
results for concentrated pain located at the insertion heel site.
Would it provide any benefit to those of us with pain and inflammation throughout the arch. Could the focal point be moved around the foot to include different areas?

I don't remember my pain beginning in the insertion area it just
flared up throughout the entire arch right from the beginning. That
makes me think that only first time PF patients caught early just
when pain is beginning will be the mosted helped by the OssaTron and
others. Am I correct in my thinking?

john h on 7/07/00 at 20:00 (023011)

my understanding from dr zuckerman that the best outcomes are when the pain is confined to a small area where the fascia inserts into the heel. since the focal point of all the machines is very small it would be difficult to treat a large area. of course your primary pain may be very confined and you may have referred pain somewhere else.