Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF Surgery on Wednesday 7/12/00

Posted by Sharie on 7/07/00 at 10:15 (022976)

I have a two year history of PF and it has steadily become worse. Functioning is at an all time low. My foot doctor says surgery is possibly going to help this. I am curious if anyone else has had the scopic surgery where they make two small holes on either side of your heel and insert a steel cylinder where a camera and knife are inserted to clip the band partially. Please I would like to hear from you in email if possible... or here. Thanks so much!
Sharie
Please select your response to the above survey question:
Results
.option 1 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 2 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 3 = 0 votes . . . voters:
.option 4 = 0 votes . . . voters:

Re: PF Surgery on Wednesday 7/12/00

Sharie on 7/07/00 at 10:53 (022979)

I forgot to leave my email (sharie@san.rr.com).... I am having scopic surgery in a few days. I am feeling a bit anxious, and would like to talk to someone who has had this done.

Thank you so much, hope to hear from you

Diane on 7/08/00 at 22:41 (023053)

Sharie, I had EPF on both feet on May 25. I am doing very well. Although it has taken time, I feel this surgery was good for me. I can walk without pain now, but still my feet get 'tired' and I need to rest them when I over do. I am back into my old size of shoes now, plus I went to buy some new tennis shoes and my foot size is 1/2 size smaller than before! Everyone is different, so it is hard to say what results you will have. Has your doc done several of this type of surgery? Mine had done over 100 procedures so my confidence in him was very high. Be sure to have lots of ice on hand, or buy some frozen peas or corn, they work great for ice bags!! Just remember, take it easy and remember to ICE and ELEVATE! Good luck and let me know how you are doing ok? My email address is (email removed).

Di

Sharie on 7/08/00 at 23:31 (023056)

Diane, thank you for the message. I really appreciate your feedback and advise. Believe me I will listen as I need all the help I can get! My podiatrist has done many of these surgeries and I do trust him. I tried to email you (I have outlook Express) but it said your email address was invalid. Please write if you can, I have some questions... sharie@san.rr.com

thanks again Diane,
Sharie

Sharie on 7/07/00 at 10:53 (022979)

I forgot to leave my email (sharie@san.rr.com).... I am having scopic surgery in a few days. I am feeling a bit anxious, and would like to talk to someone who has had this done.

Thank you so much, hope to hear from you

Diane on 7/08/00 at 22:41 (023053)

Sharie, I had EPF on both feet on May 25. I am doing very well. Although it has taken time, I feel this surgery was good for me. I can walk without pain now, but still my feet get 'tired' and I need to rest them when I over do. I am back into my old size of shoes now, plus I went to buy some new tennis shoes and my foot size is 1/2 size smaller than before! Everyone is different, so it is hard to say what results you will have. Has your doc done several of this type of surgery? Mine had done over 100 procedures so my confidence in him was very high. Be sure to have lots of ice on hand, or buy some frozen peas or corn, they work great for ice bags!! Just remember, take it easy and remember to ICE and ELEVATE! Good luck and let me know how you are doing ok? My email address is (email removed).

Di

Sharie on 7/08/00 at 23:31 (023056)

Diane, thank you for the message. I really appreciate your feedback and advise. Believe me I will listen as I need all the help I can get! My podiatrist has done many of these surgeries and I do trust him. I tried to email you (I have outlook Express) but it said your email address was invalid. Please write if you can, I have some questions... sharie@san.rr.com

thanks again Diane,
Sharie