Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Biehler - Can the Ossatron or Orbasone help with my problem?

Posted by Paul M. on 7/07/00 at 18:39 (023006)

Dr. Biehler,
I've had heel pain for over ten years in both heels. MRI's and X-Rays show no sign of Plantar Fasciitis. I've tried everything to no avail. A few months ago I visited a physical therapist who was actually able to feel a small bump or lump deep in each heel next to the heel bone. He thought they could either be calcium deposits or scar tissue. I was very disappointed that of the half dozen or so doctors (orthopaedic surgeons and podiatrists) in the past ten years, none had discovered these. When the therapist worked on these lumps with his thumbs, I could quite definitely feel him moving over them and rolling them on the bone...so I know they're real.
My question is: can the Ossatron or Orbasone be the answer for me? Perhaps these lumps just need blasting.

thanks

posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: OssaTron

Re: Dr. Biehler - Can the Ossatron or Orbasone help with my problem?

Dr. Biehler on 7/07/00 at 22:22 (023017)

If the question was just 'can ESWT help control the pain you have had for ten years' I would say it is worth looking into. When you mention there is actually something that can be palpated in the heel, it is time to have some diagnostic steps taken again to find out what it can be. You will probably want to start with the x-rays ( again) to rule out some kind of bone involvment or change and then go from there. It could be as simple as a collapse of the fiberus septa with a fat pad herniation, but you never know untill you have the tests. Dr, Biehler
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword:

Re: Dr. Biehler - Can the Ossatron or Orbasone help with my problem?

Dr. Biehler on 7/07/00 at 22:22 (023017)

If the question was just 'can ESWT help control the pain you have had for ten years' I would say it is worth looking into. When you mention there is actually something that can be palpated in the heel, it is time to have some diagnostic steps taken again to find out what it can be. You will probably want to start with the x-rays ( again) to rule out some kind of bone involvment or change and then go from there. It could be as simple as a collapse of the fiberus septa with a fat pad herniation, but you never know untill you have the tests. Dr, Biehler
posted to the eswt board . . . keyword: