Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

avoidance?

Posted by JudyS on 7/08/00 at 23:39 (023058)

Yep - I've been avoiding my pals on the Board! Well not really.....I've actually only been avoiding the board! I have such a huge amount of work backed up around here that I have to force myself to walk right past my computer room with blinders on or I'll come in, sit down and get zero work done!

I've been doing a little retrospective on my own progress and posts these last couple of months - as an experiment I looked over all the posts I've done and guess what....I found a pattern. The pattern has up and down 'spikes' with little in-betweens. The 'up' posts almost always relate progress due to CONSISTENT rest, ibuprofen, ice, lite stretching and massage. The 'down' posts almost always are speculative about ESWT, surgery, new doctor(s) and so on. I know I can trace those (downs) to having had some kind of over-active behavior the day before resulting in sore, stiff feet on the day of the related post! On the other hand, I'm a Gemini and you know what they say about our twin personalities!

Re: avoidance?

Bob G. on 7/09/00 at 05:26 (023062)

As a Sagittarius just trying to get along with my feet, I have been hitting the FootFlex often for many short and lite foot (and muscle) stretches. Only doing many stretches because PF being pain-free for 17 weeks, otherwise would not be stretching at all but resting. Also, not currently wearing NightSplint because of sore knee (still improving slowly). The many brief stetches helps compensate for not wearing the NightSplint (IMHO).

At least this is what I am thinking at 3 am : )

Beverly on 7/09/00 at 10:16 (023069)

Judy,

What a good idea! I should try that sometime. Given how 'chatty' I am, it might take me all day to read my old posts!

Beverly

JudyS on 7/09/00 at 10:47 (023072)

Hey Bob - did you get the N&J photo?

Nancy S. on 7/09/00 at 18:50 (023084)

Juuudddyyy, I'm just a little nosy now about the 'N&J photo' that Bob has . . . what trick are you guys planning? It isn't one of the ugly ones, is it? --Nancy

JudyS on 7/11/00 at 17:49 (023154)

Hey Kiddo - I was thinking about 'doctoring' up the one of you and me and having Bob put it on his website.........I could take a couple of inches of thigh off me, replace my face with Christy Brinkley's..... well, you get the idea! BTW - I deleted the 'eyes wide shut' ones. Expect some prints. What's up with that Achilles? I know you start PT on Friday and I sure hope it's soothing....also, how has this affected your PF?

Bob G. on 7/09/00 at 05:26 (023062)

As a Sagittarius just trying to get along with my feet, I have been hitting the FootFlex often for many short and lite foot (and muscle) stretches. Only doing many stretches because PF being pain-free for 17 weeks, otherwise would not be stretching at all but resting. Also, not currently wearing NightSplint because of sore knee (still improving slowly). The many brief stetches helps compensate for not wearing the NightSplint (IMHO).

At least this is what I am thinking at 3 am : )

Beverly on 7/09/00 at 10:16 (023069)

Judy,

What a good idea! I should try that sometime. Given how 'chatty' I am, it might take me all day to read my old posts!

Beverly

JudyS on 7/09/00 at 10:47 (023072)

Hey Bob - did you get the N&J photo?

Nancy S. on 7/09/00 at 18:50 (023084)

Juuudddyyy, I'm just a little nosy now about the 'N&J photo' that Bob has . . . what trick are you guys planning? It isn't one of the ugly ones, is it? --Nancy

JudyS on 7/11/00 at 17:49 (023154)

Hey Kiddo - I was thinking about 'doctoring' up the one of you and me and having Bob put it on his website.........I could take a couple of inches of thigh off me, replace my face with Christy Brinkley's..... well, you get the idea! BTW - I deleted the 'eyes wide shut' ones. Expect some prints. What's up with that Achilles? I know you start PT on Friday and I sure hope it's soothing....also, how has this affected your PF?