Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How many here have stomach problems?

Posted by Kim B. on 7/09/00 at 10:11 (023068)

I have IBS, Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I wonder if there is a connection between the stomach and the feet. For example, if the stomach is upset, do the nerves from that area go down into the feet and throb in the feet causing pain there also? I'm just thinging out loud, and curious about how many here have stomach problems of any kind and how many have absolutely no stomach problems at all.

Regards, Kim

Re: How many here have stomach problems?

Beverly on 7/09/00 at 10:24 (023070)

Kim,

I have Reflux and in general a tender tummy. For me, the main connection to my foot pain is that I am very limited in my anti-inflammatory choices. On a good tummy day, I can handle low dose (12.5 mg.) Vioxx. On a bad day, even Vioox bothers me. I've tried the other anti-inflammatories, and they really upset my stomach... as does any kind of stress. I really believe the Vioxx helps some; so when I can't take it, I am left out of the loop of an important part of my treatment.
I don't push my luck with my tummy... can't see any reason to add one more problem to the list; so I give myself 'rests' from things like Vioxx as needed.

For me, even more than the anti-inflammatories is the need to control stress. If I get stressed out, my stomach pays for it and in the midst of being stressed out, my feet hurt worse. I tend to think this is half physical -more tensed up and half emotional - everything seems worse when stressed out.
Hope you have a good day,
Beverly

PS: If you find a yoga Kundilini tape, I'd sure like to know. All I've found are the Hatha yoga tapes.

Dolcelen on 7/09/00 at 12:07 (023074)

I totally relate to the stomach thing and think,from my perspective, that it was due to the Vioxx (and timing during my 'cycle'). I stopped it for a few days of what seemed like Irritable Bowel Syndrome, then started it again, and I am okay. Good Luck with this.

Beverly on 7/09/00 at 10:24 (023070)

Kim,

I have Reflux and in general a tender tummy. For me, the main connection to my foot pain is that I am very limited in my anti-inflammatory choices. On a good tummy day, I can handle low dose (12.5 mg.) Vioxx. On a bad day, even Vioox bothers me. I've tried the other anti-inflammatories, and they really upset my stomach... as does any kind of stress. I really believe the Vioxx helps some; so when I can't take it, I am left out of the loop of an important part of my treatment.
I don't push my luck with my tummy... can't see any reason to add one more problem to the list; so I give myself 'rests' from things like Vioxx as needed.

For me, even more than the anti-inflammatories is the need to control stress. If I get stressed out, my stomach pays for it and in the midst of being stressed out, my feet hurt worse. I tend to think this is half physical -more tensed up and half emotional - everything seems worse when stressed out.
Hope you have a good day,
Beverly

PS: If you find a yoga Kundilini tape, I'd sure like to know. All I've found are the Hatha yoga tapes.

Dolcelen on 7/09/00 at 12:07 (023074)

I totally relate to the stomach thing and think,from my perspective, that it was due to the Vioxx (and timing during my 'cycle'). I stopped it for a few days of what seemed like Irritable Bowel Syndrome, then started it again, and I am okay. Good Luck with this.