Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Jabbing Pain

Posted by Ann on 7/10/00 at 21:02 (023121)

I have had PF for YEARS. Because of the pain and having to be inactive I have gained a lot of weight (which makes it worse). I was relatively pain free for awhile. Got relief with Dansko shoes. However all of a sudden the pain is back. I can be sitting watching TV and a searing pain shoots thru the bottom of my heel. I don't remember this happening before....ususally experience pain when trying to walk. Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Jabbing Pain

Bob G. on 7/10/00 at 22:22 (023125)

Hello Ann,

It is possible to get jabbing pains from anywhere in the body. It just happens. Today, my left foot (pain-free for 17 weeks) began experiencing throbbing pain.

Hey, I took an aspirin and went on about my business. Now it is not hurting. Hope yours is the same thing. BG

Pauline on 7/11/00 at 07:38 (023131)

Hi Ann,
Yes I know what you are talking about. It happens at any time. Sometimes when I am driving, sitting, or walking. At times I can even feel the plantar fascia tightening. I figure its just part of
having Plantar Fasciitis. When it happens I try to massage my feet with a cream. Of course that isn't always possible, but it helps.

Bob G. on 7/10/00 at 22:22 (023125)

Hello Ann,

It is possible to get jabbing pains from anywhere in the body. It just happens. Today, my left foot (pain-free for 17 weeks) began experiencing throbbing pain.

Hey, I took an aspirin and went on about my business. Now it is not hurting. Hope yours is the same thing. BG

Pauline on 7/11/00 at 07:38 (023131)

Hi Ann,
Yes I know what you are talking about. It happens at any time. Sometimes when I am driving, sitting, or walking. At times I can even feel the plantar fascia tightening. I figure its just part of
having Plantar Fasciitis. When it happens I try to massage my feet with a cream. Of course that isn't always possible, but it helps.