Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Not sure if I have pf.

Posted by Gay N. on 7/11/00 at 12:21 (023142)

My doctor 'thinks' I have pf, but my heel doesn't hurt. There is a small bump in the middle of my foot below the ball. It formed after taking 2 long walks on a sandy beach. This foot was broked 12 years ago and has been somewhat troublesome since then. Does this sound like plantar fasciitis?

Re: Not sure if I have pf.

Laurie R on 7/11/00 at 12:48 (023143)

Hi Gay,
Welcome to the board.I am in no way a doctor but the small lump you are talking about could be scar tissue on your fascia ,your fascia runs in the middle of the bottom of your foot and it spouts out like a hand.And scar tissue can cause alot of pain.I have scar tissue in the same place ,it started after getting out of a hard cast for 9 weeks with PT it is going down.My very best to you. Laurie R

Steve P on 7/11/00 at 15:48 (023147)

Gay -- If you have only been seen by a GP, consider going to a Podiatrist or Ortopedist. You need a definite diagnosis.
Good luck......Steve

Laurie R on 7/11/00 at 12:48 (023143)

Hi Gay,
Welcome to the board.I am in no way a doctor but the small lump you are talking about could be scar tissue on your fascia ,your fascia runs in the middle of the bottom of your foot and it spouts out like a hand.And scar tissue can cause alot of pain.I have scar tissue in the same place ,it started after getting out of a hard cast for 9 weeks with PT it is going down.My very best to you. Laurie R

Steve P on 7/11/00 at 15:48 (023147)

Gay -- If you have only been seen by a GP, consider going to a Podiatrist or Ortopedist. You need a definite diagnosis.
Good luck......Steve